Caribou Gear

Wearing Gloves...

Moosie

Grand poopa
The lAtex ones I mean... Every video I see from AK they put on Gloves becasue Of bugs... I've never done this on ANY BIG Game animal.. I'd like to hear who does it, Who Doesn't and Why. Due to the Nats. Ect in AK I might bring some...

Any thoughts ?

I get my latex gloves at a resaurant - hotel supply place here in Jackson. Thye are The Safety Zone by Seidman Associates and come 100 pcs in a box. The box is like a tissue box. They are lightly powdered and Not for Medical Use. They cost about $7 for a box of them. I keep several pair in all my packs. They are USDA accepted.

I don't use them so much to keep the bugs off, but to keep the blood, fat, meat from under my nails (I am a wuss...I hate the feeling). Besides, in AK there isn't a sink to wash up around every corner. True, you can normally find some sort of watering hole, but the gloves make things much easier.

It also prevents hair from getting all over your meat when your field dressing. I will normally wear several pair at once. As the outer layer gets contaminated with hair, I strip em off.

Latex gloves are good for keeping your hands warm too ...... I know it sounds weird but they work in a pinch
wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> It also prevents hair from getting all over your meat when your field dressing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what the HELL that meant.. but does it have to do with your HAIRY palms ?!?!
wink.gif

thanx for the Info Guys, I'm going to try to use them, I'm just not used to it.

I use them. I find it helps me clean up after gutting and use less water.

I've also found it easier to 'feel' my way around inside the animal as you don't feel all the fluids just the solids. Mostly on an elk when I'm going up in the neck or working the diaphragm off the back and the cavity is full of blood.

I get mine from Home Depot or Lowes in the paint dept.

cmc

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back