WE WON! Chaffetz is withdrawing HR 621

It'll get stuck in another bill that has better backing and will likely pass

We did a great job on HR 621. Now we need to focus on HR 622. On of the main tools of the Land Transfer is how poorly the Feds manage our public lands. If we remove the Law Enforcement off of them, I believe that can be used against us. The management of those lands keep getting reduced and cut by Congress. We need to send the opposite message, manage it better. That can remove a key component from our adversaries. Contact Zinke, our new Secretary of the Interior and let him know that we want more Law Enforcement Official to protect and manage our Public Lands.

That poor dog is asking for his management to be transferred to anyone other than this elitist creeper.

We did a great job on HR 621. Now we need to focus on HR 622. On of the main tools of the Land Transfer is how poorly the Feds manage our public lands. If we remove the Law Enforcement off of them, I believe that can be used against us. The management of those lands keep getting reduced and cut by Congress. We need to send the opposite message, manage it better. That can remove a key component from our adversaries. Contact Zinke, our new Secretary of the Interior and let him know that we want more Law Enforcement Official to protect and manage our Public Lands.

Exactly, my feeling was removing the LE from the BLM and FS will just be used as an example of "poor management" and a reason to transfer.

Yeah, the poser in camo with the cheeseball grin...

This is obviously great news and another battle won in our favor as of late.

But, I would like to say this: personal attacks and name calling do our cause no good. Does anyone on this forum think that I would have a chance in hell to get a personal audience with my legislators if they heard I called them a "coward", "poser", "elitist creeper" or a "slim ball". These forums are no secret and word gets around. There is legislation this year in Wyoming that is directly related to what happened on a hunting forum last year.

My goal this year is to try and convince my Congresswoman and U. S. Senators that a federal land transfer is not in the best interests of their constituents. Am I wasting my time? No, I don't think so. I can assure you this though; I won't have a chance and neither would any of you, by name calling and making personal attacks on our opponents. If we are not the best at this game of chess, in the end it may hurt a lot more than you think.

Revel in the win, and take the high road, no matter what they say.

Last edited:
Just my observation/opinion:

People thanking Jason Chaffetz bugs the hell out of me. Go to his instagram, or any social media posts proclaiming with joy the pulling of this bill. People are heaping gratitude on the man, as if he deserves it.

This bastard just tried to sell the places we fish and hunt. All is not forgiven. He deserves condemnation for even trying, not praise for abandoning a terrible idea. A new instagram post does not erase the past.

It's a strange and gross attitude that has developed toward our politicians. They work for us.

Last edited:

People thanking Jason Chaffetz bugs the hell out of me. Go to his instagram, or any social media posts proclaiming with joy the pulling of this bill. People are heaping gratitude on the man, as if he deserves it.

This bastard just tried to sell the places we fish and hunt. All is not forgiven. He deserves condemnation for even trying, not praise for abandoning a terrible idea. A new instagram post does not erase the past.

It's a strange and gross attitude that has developed toward our politicians. They work for us.

you are correct.

People need to understand, Jason Chaffetz, THE biggest Coward in DC, did not change his mind, his thinking, nor his goals to selling My Public Lands.

This guy introduced the SAME legislation in 2013 and then again in 2015. He has been ok with the idea for the last 5 years. And to think after 8 days, he suddenly changed his heart and became educated??? Bullshit!

Is what happened is his other members of Congress on the Republican side started getting their phones jammed, and their email boxes jammed. And that got their attention.

Then Montana happened. And pictures started floating around DC with a 1000 guys in Camo and Orange jamming the rotunda of a capitol building in the West. Not another member of Congress wanted to see that happen in their home district.

And, I am guessing, somewhere, there were a couple of Democrats who were getting the calls, and they sent out fundraising emails raising MONEY on the issue of fighting Jason Chaffetz, THE biggest COWARD in DC.

There is nothing noble in his sudden conversion. He got pressured, he is a coward.

This is obviously great news and another battle won in our favor as of late.

But, I would like to say this: personal attacks and name calling do our cause no good. Does anyone on this forum think that I would have a chance in hell to get a personal audience with my legislators if they heard I called them a "coward", "poser", "elitist creeper" or a "slim ball". These forums are no secret and word gets around. There is legislation this year in Wyoming that is directly related to what happened on a hunting forum last year.

Fun Fact, even after a 7 page thread with nearly 7000 views, calling Jason Chaffetz THE biggest COWARD in DC, when you go to Google and search for "Chaffetz Coward", that thread only comes up as the 15th best search result.

+1 for the post's # 51 and #52. Yes.
One clarification:
I was there.
It wasn't a "1000 guys".
It was (however many) guys, women, little boys and girls, old graybeards and blue hairs who probably can barely even get out on public lands anymore, and dogs.

I wonder, maybe, did the pics of dogs at the rally have anything to do with Jasoninthhouse's fake news photo of him and the dog?

Last edited:

This is spot on. He's an enemy of public land hunters for even introducing the bill in the first place. While he's at it, he needs to pull 622 as well. Could it be that 621 was just a diversion to take our attention away from 622?

Great news! I'll take any victory we can get.

Jose, had Chaffetz been a leftest would you make the same statements? I think not..........try to find a silver lining rather than always a dark cloud. If you can release yourself from your left-wing bondage you may find peace and more support to your message.

The same can be said for parties. Only we work for them if we have a single ounce of fealty toward them and refuse to change at the drop of a hat: the only thing they understand.

I Think Jason needs commended for pulling the bill period. It may be true that he has sponsored it before and had whatever reasons for pulling it. It don't matter it was pulled, appreciate it or keep bitchin. He might not be so inclined to hear your voice next time. The Rest of the r party I'm sure is calling him names today.

I Say thank him and let him know the opposition to 622 and suggest adding a bill to better fund the federal land management agencies so they can actually do their job

Exactly! We find ourselves in this mess for only 1 reason, that being the people who are PLT advocates keep getting elected, and if we are some of the ones responsible for electing them, we are the problem. Rather than thanking the SOB, send him a message that we are more committed than ever to voting him out, period! It would be a little different if through polite conversation a legislator who was somewhat on the fence on the PLT issue but whom you agreed with on a host of other issues changed his/her mind in our favor, that might be someone you could justify supporting in the future, but to reward and thank someone who only backed down for the time being because they felt the heat is stupid IMO. Does it not seem far wiser to elect those who we know are on our side, always have been and always will be and perhaps just send them a friendly message on occasion thanking them for their unconditional support, rather than needlessly stressing ourselves into a stroke or heart attack, and through threatening e-mails to our elected officials (in this case our enemies) hoping and praying it has an effect and they back down? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back