MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Watch out MT the masses are coming

Irrelevant

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-winner:homepage/story&utm_term=.9f337d9b35aa

"In a triumph of data collection and analysis, a team of researchers based at Oxford University has built the tools necessary to calculate how far any dot on a map is from a city — or anything else. The research, published in Nature last month, allows us to pin down a question that has long evaded serious answers: Where is the middle of nowhere?"

Capture.JPG

Many of us already knew this of course...

Ah yeah, lotsa' homesteaders tried that country once before - whole towns worth. Look where it's ranked in this very survey today. Our modern "version" of a homesteader would probably fare not much better around Wolf Point today.
Fear not, yay along the Poplar or the Redstone........... Kansas looks like a much better bet.
Just think of all the folks who live in the middle of nowhere(s) that will never even be graced with seeing this data and will be glad their piece of nowhere isn't mentioned.......
"Micropolitan":rolleyes:

Last edited:
I sure wish people would stop talking about Montana. Just forget about it...

One of my favorite places on the planet, but its not for the faint of heart! I make a fall pilgrimage back there every Thanksgiving, but I couldn't imagine living there anymore.

If they live through a winter like this and decide to stay then I'd give them a thumbs up.

Triangle #2 shows one fallacy of this statistical model. It is in Yellowstone NP, which during my visit last fall was a "fur piece" from the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Triangle #2 shows one falacy of this statistical model. It is in Yellowstone NP, which during my visit last fall was a "fur piece" from the middle of nowhere.

Especially as there were probably 75000 people in the park during your visit, thus violating the model's own criteria....

Portions of YNP are in fact very difficult to get to. National Geographic ran a bit on it a few years ago, somewhere on the Two Ocean Plateau is one of the most inaccessible locations in the lower 48.

Triangle #2 is actually south of the wapiti ranger station and yes it is accurate. VERY remote huge land and not the tourism yellowstone park.

Triangle #2 shows one fallacy of this statistical model. It is in Yellowstone NP, which during my visit last fall was a "fur piece" from the middle of nowhere.

I believe that location is also the furthest point in the lower 48 from a Starbucks.

Give it time, someday they're will be a mobile app to remedy that. BHR is big on collaborations - maybe OnX, Starbucks, Jimmy Johns, and Uber could team up to make a skinny mocha latte available. Delivered in no time flat anywhere there is satellite coverage.

Last edited:
Back