Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wasted bull and poor choices story

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
Just for my own clarification:
28Nosler (what bullet?) thru both shoulders AND lungs runs far enough to get into private (200 yds?) plus the yardage into private?
Shoot a bull through lungs knowing they still can go quite a ways? 200 yd fir a bull hit through lungs no big deal.
Will not disclose where he shot it?
Will not disclose ranch?

IMO: if you are going to hunt property lines recognize the consequences and be prepared to take high shoulder break down shots. Personally, I have never seen a bull take a step if hit there correctly. This is no different than hunting a steep canyon that would be hell to pull a bull out of, anchor him. If you hiked 16 miles, I would think you are a capable hunter, using a .28 Nosler so be prepared.

I understand the LO to degree but like Monday Night Football C'Mon man on knowing where you are and what shot you must take. IMO you have an obligation to the LO whose property lines you are hunting to hunt accordingly to protect their rights as well.

Lol At that range that type of cartridge would blow the lungs completely out of the body.
This guy’s full of chit.
I thought that too but it made my mind wander a bit, like “will my rifle do this (300 WBY)?”, then I thought how a bull would run so far on two open lungs.

Guy posted on Rokslide this morning that he turned the Elkshape guy in for hunting off a dirt bike illegally. Thread blew up, and about 4 guys said they had knowledge of said shenanigans. I'm not on IG, but apparently Elkshape has been deleting the "haterz" who've been asking about it. 'Slide mods pulled the thread because they said they wanted to verify. The natives are restless.......

Back