WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag

You have an interesting way of spinning things out. The point was that when you buy something, like an education, you should pay for it. Pay for what you owe. If you take out a loan for anything you are liable to pay it off. How the hell you come up with your off the wall beach vacation is beyond me. Are you one of the guys who thinks they are entitled to have a loan forgiven? Because of why? When you BUY an education you are obligated to pay for it
I will take that as a compliment. Pretty much agree, but I will state again, a person can walk away from an SBA loan, but can't walk away from student loans. There are two sets of rules.

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 9.45.24 AM.png

I will take that as a compliment. Pretty much agree, but I will state again, a person can walk away from an SBA loan, but can't walk away from student loans. There are two sets of rules.

View attachment 282155
If people couldn’t walk away from an SBA loan do you think they would do a better job with their business?

If I buy it, I pay for it. If I borrow it, I pay for it. Period. End of statement. I took 2 separate SBA disaster loans and paid both of them back completely and on time. I financed several vehicles and paid for every one. I've had several mortgages and paid every one. I paid my taxes for nearly, 55 years of WORKING for what I have. I now collect Social Security, which I PAID FOR. These people that think they should have their loans and obligations forgiven can eat shit. Free isn't free. Someone else paid for it that shouldn't have.

If I buy it, I pay for it. If I borrow it, I pay for it. Period. End of statement. I took 2 separate SBA disaster loans and paid both of them back completely and on time. I financed several vehicles and paid for every one. I've had several mortgages and paid every one. I paid my taxes for nearly, 55 years of WORKING for what I have. I now collect Social Security, which I PAID FOR. These people that think they should have their loans and obligations forgiven can eat shit. Free isn't free. Someone else paid for it that shouldn't have.
Damn, Red.
Some of them were just dumbass kids.

To those of you who got these student loans at 18, how easy was it?
I’m guessing you at least had to sign some papers?
Did they do a good job of explaining it to you?
Serious question.

Unlike the western privilege parade boys on here who has their parents pay for their college, I had an aunt I never met give me like 10 racks that I blew through at cc without graduating 😂

I wonder what I would’ve done if I didn’t have that money and would’ve had to apply for loans.

If people couldn’t walk away from an SBA loan do you think they would do a better job with their business?
No idea. If I were to guess I would say no. There are a lot of reasons that businesses fail. Some are just bad ideas. Some are because the person was a terrible employee, started their own business and found they were a terrible manager too. Some people are just lazy and stupid, but I don't think that is fixable.

To those of you who got these student loans at 18, how easy was it?
I’m guessing you at least had to sign some papers?
Did they do a good job of explaining it to you?
Serious question.

Unlike the western privilege parade boys on here who has their parents pay for their college, I had an aunt I never met give me like 10 racks that I blew through at cc without graduating 😂

I wonder what I would’ve done if I didn’t have that money and would’ve had to apply for loans.
It is easy to get student loans, and especially easy if you get someone to cosign. Sure they explain them and give you a boat loan of paperwork to read, that no one ever does. They are easy to get because you can't get out from under them...except by dying...that is always an option. Hopefully your aunt learned a good lesson from that experience.

I now collect Social Security, which I PAID FOR. These people that think they should have their loans and obligations forgiven can eat shit. Free isn't free. Someone else paid for it that shouldn't have.
Just curious and respectfully answering, but if you live to be super old and you have collected more than you ever contributed are you going to send it back?

"I know a bunch of businesses and individuals abused the PPP system and got a bunch of free money but I know a couple situations where it kept people from going out of business so I'm cool with it."

"THESE ENTITLED KIDS KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND I DONT CARE IF IT STIFLES THE ECONOMY THEY BETTER NOT GET ONE DIME OF HELP"

Just curious and respectfully answering, but if you live to be super old and you have collected more than you ever contributed are you going to send it back?
At the rate the government gives away money to people that don't deserve it, the social security administration will cease to exist. When your SSI is collected and supposed to have been invested, it was a self sustaining fund for those of us that were too dumb to have outside investments. So,,,, for a one dollar in one dollar out , I wouldn't give it back. Why would I? They'll just give it to someone who didn't deserve it anyway.

Wish they would let me opt out never pay in another dime and they can keep everything I have paid in so far

Besides the ppp loans going to people it shouldn't have. I'm totally for it for businesses that were affected but a lot weren't. The amount of people I know that were collecting unemployment benefits (I can't remember if it was state or federal but there was a huge stimulus for unemployment) was staggering. A lot of them filed and collected and never had a job in the first place. That was a total crock on the government level and the people collecting that shouldn't have.

Last edited:
Anyone against forgiveness of student loans if you join the military? It standard procedure right now.
Since congress passed this and the President signed it, it sounds like a good deal and well deserved for military members. All for it.
If it was done with just the signature of the President, doesn't matter if it was Obama, Trump or Biden, I am against it.

I have 2 children in college right now. My son is a chemical egineering major at the university of illinois. My daughter is a marketing major at illinois state. In state tuition, room, and meal plan for my son is $42,000 annually. For my daughter its $32,000. Its really easy to get loans. The kids fill out the FAFSA and then the schools financial aide office gets involved and the kids simply sign some online forms. There is no shopping around, etc. Based on location, you are provided a loan servicer. In my case its mohela.

Now what the kids get doesnt cover all their bills so thats where dad steps in and has to take out parent plus loans. I had about $80,000 saved for college and it barely covered 1 year for both kids. I have about $50,000 in student loans for both of them.

I got my masters degree in computer science in 1997 and cost about $12,000 from a state university. My parents simply wrote a check every year. We were not rich. Dad was an iron worker at a steel mill and mom did loans at a bank. Times were different. Education was affordable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back