WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag

I'm just curious and respectfully asking, do you think that your living up to your commitment makes makes you any different than someone paying a car payment or mortgage payment? It astounds me that some feel that they should be forgiven for not living up to their commitment.
Not in the least. We always expected to pay them in full. That’s why we took advantage of an opportunity that was given to us.

So you think everyone who’s tried to lift themselves up by taking a student loan and going to college is a deadbeat? Lovely.
I think he meant everyone that took a student loan and thinks the rest of society should pay it back is a dead beat…

I don’t think lumping everyone in one bucket is ok, but there’s definitely an entitlement mentality for those people protesting that needs to be broken

I think he meant everyone that took a student loan and thinks the rest of society should pay it back is a dead beat…

I don’t think lumping everyone in one bucket is ok, but there’s definitely an entitlement mentality for those people protesting that needs to be broken
How do we view the small business loans given out under PPP that were forgiven? Deadbeats too?

How do we view the small business loans given out under PPP that were forgiven? Deadbeats too?
A lot of them, yes.
More so than the student loan kids.
Still trying to figure out why some of the farmers I know with like 2 employees received tens of thousands of dollars.
Whatever it takes to make that helicopter payment I guess.

A lot of them, yes.
More so than the student loan kids.
Still trying to figure out why some of the farmers I know with like 2 employees received tens of thousands of dollars.
Whatever it takes to make that helicopter payment I guess.
*2 employees who were in no way shape or form affected by the pandemic.
And they got their salaries for the year given to them for some reason 🤷‍♂️

So you think everyone who’s tried to lift themselves up by taking a student loan and going to college is a deadbeat? Lovely.
You turned that around. Anyone that tries to get ahead by putting in the time, energy, and money to further themselves should be congratulated. Those that try to duck out and dump their financial responsibility are in my book dead beats. I worked for what I have. I earned an paid for what I have. Nobody gave me anything. Those that take,take, take are deadbeats.

My ultra conservative state legislature passed a bill this year to pay back student loans for one specific job class; wonder if that needs a Supreme Court challenge?
I suppose that depends on the funding source. NM also has generous forgiveness/tax breaks for medical, especially in rural areas. It’s a necessity in the sticks to have motivated nurses, practitioners who can apply everything within their scope. NM affords this to medical personnel through grants and tax credits.

I’m a small business guy to the core, and I believe that businesses should operate with more retained earnings, proper insurance, and less credit. That being said, when the government walks in and tells you that your business is unnecessary and close the doors right now (I don’t think that should have been allowed to happen), there probably should be some plan in place to help those people. Like most things the government does they screwed that up. There were a lot of businesses that never had a hiccup in business that applied and received that money, in my mind they should be prosecuted and be forced to pay back every dime with interest.

Comparing Student Loans to PPE Loans is silly.
It's true many of the PPE loans handed out were un-needed and and also true that very few will be paid back by the borrowers. The industries that really needed this help were retailers, food service, travel, motels, etc., however they gave the loans to anybody that stuck their hand out. This is wrong as well but in no way does one wrong justify the other.

Apples and Oranges. Those loans(grants) were given to businesses that were required by mandate to shut down. Nobody took anything away from student loan borrowers, but your government absolutely took revenue out of those businesses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back