Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag

Cool quoting Nancy Pelosi in the opinion.
And then she couldn’t even stand by her own words, rather shamed the Court for something she herself said was up to Congress! I do also appreciate that the decision clarified no standing for Brown, Taylor. You an I, bud, are the few who will actually read the decision.

are the few who will actually read the decision.
Why waste your time? Everyone knew it was going to get shot down. WE are on page 24 of this thread. This "student loan forgiveness" declaration is the equivalent of "Build the wall"...a promise to the base with no real substance that doesn't address the actual problem in any way.

I'm going to go buy a new truck and hope Biden will forgive the loan. Unfortunately the education can't be repossessed for non payment.
My thoughts exactly, the entire idea of it is ludicrous pandering.
Loan forgiveness and racist affirmative action for colleges both tossed out this week. Excellent.

Hopefully the lenders are going to be able to get additional interest charges & fees on the arrears. (paid for by the borrower, not the government)
Student loans are from the government. Obama took over student loans. The government is the lender missing out on interest and fees.

It's ridiculous to require colleges/universities to include a certain group, any group, because of a quota that needs to be met. Equal education by merit not because your in a certain group no matter what that group is.

I'm guessing the majority of the people didn't put those missed installments into a savings account and instead saw the missed payments as extra income.
My wife manages all of our finances and paid them all on time as she would normally, plus some when we had funds, which luckily was quite often. We paid off all of my loans and put an incredibly large dent in her amount. If folks were smart (like my wife) you could have easily made significant strides toward paying them off. Never banked on it anyways.

My wife manages all of our finances and paid them all on time as she would normally, plus some when we had funds, which luckily was quite often. We paid off all of my loans and put an incredibly large dent in her amount. If folks were smart (like my wife) you could have easily made significant strides toward paying them off. Never banked on it anyways.
I'm just curious and respectfully asking, do you think that your living up to your commitment makes makes you any different than someone paying a car payment or mortgage payment? It astounds me that some feel that they should be forgiven for not living up to their commitment.

It's ridiculous to require colleges/universities to include a certain group, any group, because of a quota that needs to be met. Equal education by merit not because your in a certain group no matter what that group is.

Quotas have been illegal since 1978 when the SCOTUS struck them down in Regents of the UC v Bakke.

How is affirmative actions not a quota under a different name? The government requires companies to have a certain number of a minority group to be eligible to get the contract. Colleges are required to have a certain percentage of a group. The word quota may be illegal but the requirement is not.

Why waste your time? Everyone knew it was going to get shot down. WE are on page 24 of this thread. This "student loan forgiveness" declaration is the equivalent of "Build the wall"...a promise to the base with no real substance that doesn't address the actual problem in any way.
It matters so as to know the why. I like your analogy, this was Biden's wall. The decision was not that an administration could not do this, but rather cannot appropriate that particular clause from the Heroes Act.

How is affirmative actions not a quota under a different name? The government requires companies to have a certain number of a minority group to be eligible to get the contract. Colleges are required to have a certain percentage of a group. The word quota may be illegal but the requirement is not.

Required percentages is what the case I referred to abolished.

Provide some examples listing which colleges require what percentages?

It matters so as to know the why. I like your analogy, this was Biden's wall. The decision was not that an administration could not do this, but rather cannot appropriate that particular clause from the Heroes Act.
I view it as a question of standing. None of the individual plaintiffs had standing and really the court only found Missouri did, as it was cited, and only because it set up an agency to get a slice of the Federal pie. Oh, the irony.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back