Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag

"Even the 2.5 GPA med student calls himself a doctor"
Little known fact:

Totally being overly pedantic about a common expression here, but while they might be a doctor. They likely won’t match to a residency program and therefore will really struggle to find a job as they won’t be boarded.

The rate of MDs that don’t match is surprisingly high.

Could always work as a consultant or something.

Little known fact:

Totally being overly pedantic about a common expression here, but while they might be a doctor. They likely won’t match to a residency program and therefore will really struggle to find a job as they won’t be boarded.

The rate of MDs that don’t match is surprisingly high.

Could always work as a consultant or something.
Whoa, I never said the 2.5 gpa doctor was employed! Just that he gets a fancy letter or two in the phonebook!

And one more fancy crayon drawingView attachment 282916

Whole lot of cuts I see. What you saw was cuts to spending and allocation to administration salaries.
Careful, tracker.
You have no idea who these people are.
They’ll show you things you were never supposed to see.
And once you take that blue pill, you can’t spit it out.

You are wrong.
Unless you have something to counter the proof that for every $1 of fed aid increase, tuition rises $0.60, you should stop while you're behind.

I'll wait for your link to www.imademocratandarguewithfeelingsandeatcrayonssorrymarinescrayolaisforteachers.net/lalaland

I'll wait for your link to www.imademocratandarguewithfeelingsandeatcrayonssorrymarinescrayolaisforteachers.net/lalalaland
And for the marines out there:

www. im a democrat and argue with feelings and eat crayons sorry marines crayola is for teachers .net / lalalaland

49529415v2_480x480_Front.jpg

Unless you have something to counter the proof that for every $1 of fed aid increase, tuition rises $0.60, you should stop while you're behind.

I'll wait for your link to www.imademocratandarguewithfeelingsandeatcrayonssorrymarinescrayolaisforteachers.net/lalaland
Brent’s more than likely smarter than you.
Not being rude, it’s just pretty likely.
I would not do battle with people on this forum after only 6 days of membership.

Brent’s more than likely smarter than you.
Not being rude, it’s just pretty likely.
I would not do battle with people on this forum after only 6 days of membership.

That may very well be true, but in a conversation relative to fed aid increases and tuition increases, the one who provide nothing more than "you're wrong", is clearly, smarter than me.

6 days makes no difference to me, especially if you bring faceless anecdotal evidence. If he wants to back up his claims with any evidence, I'll hear it out, and if I am wrong or convinced otherwise, i will wholeheartedly own it, but until then...

Course, i live in a merit based world.

Last edited:
That may very well be true, but in a conversation relative to fed aid increases and tuition increases, the one who provide nothing more than "you're wrong", is clearly, smarter than me.

6 days makes no difference to me, especially if you bring faceless anecdotal evidence. If he wants to back up his claims with any evidence, I'll hear it out.

Course, i live in a merit based world.
Silly to wrestle with pigs. Looks like you’ve done some homework, but you should hang around a while and find out where all these people’s forte is. You’re painting yourself into a corner, but those disagreeing with you have the intellectual ability of knowing it’s not worth the argument.

Silly to wrestle with pigs. Looks like you’ve done some homework, but you should hang around a while and find out where all these people’s forte is. You’re painting yourself into a corner, but those disagreeing with you have the intellectual ability of knowing it’s not worth the argument.
Got it, a Forte can never be grown or expanded without opposing positions. And data points can be very easily skewed one way, or the other, and without knowing (or hearing) both sides....

....you can't find the middle.

I find it interesting they compare us education process vs foreign countries, I think s.k. and Russia were listed, as it looks like sk has a similar grade structure, and Russia pretty similar, but I'd like to know perhaps their focus and teaching structure? Not sure if those are the right terms for what I'm trying to say, so analogous to the Chinese 996 workweek to our 58, and cultural and societal norms too.

I am curious on this graph as spending would obviously be cut due to recessions or depressions, but the budget cuts stopped for fy13. As I see it, spending was generally reduced 08-13, but I'd presume it would mimic tax revenues as well. I didn't see (skimmed quickly ish) fed spending from the same data points collected.

SmartSelect_20230706_220436_Chrome.jpg

Where as this article presents this information

Screenshot_20230706_221546_Chrome.jpg

Seems to not jive in whole with the former article.

Edit scratch that- wrong color. But it looks pretty close to net zero from year 08-13 accounting for all funding, I think, approx., though not all would be applicable based on the type of funding and so forth.

I will add that from this note below, my opinion, is if it's not a public school, it should not receive public funds, especially "for profit", and "not for profit" should be held to tight standards relative to their spending. You want the cream, you better account for how it's helping the consumer and not the "not for profits" turboprop or jet.
SmartSelect_20230706_222450_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Left leaning politicians love increased federal lending, which clearly increases tuition, because it pacifies their base and syphons money to their constituents. The right leaning politicians, especially chamber of commerce repubs, love freshly minted graduates with student loan debt. They have to take jobs they wouldn't otherwise due to their debt. Both sides rely on the student loan bubble.

Also, just wanted to mention crossbows before this sucker gets locked.

Back