Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Warm Fire (BOHNTR)

AZ402

Warm Fire Update - June 26, 2006
Location: North Kaibab Ranger District of the Kaibab National Forest; The Warm Fire is about 2 miles south and east of Jacob Lake.

Cause: Lightning; The Warm Fire was being managed as a wildland fire use fire. All wildland fire use fires must be started by a natural ignition source (lightning). The fire is no longer being managed as a wildland fire use fire.

Size: 25,000+ acres; new estimates will be available after the fire is flown and mapped this morning

% Contained: 0%

Predicted Weather: Temperatures are expected to be in the mid-80s with relative humidity levels in the teens. Winds are expected to be from the northeast at 6 mph. Gusty winds could accompany thunderstorm activity in the area.

Structures: No structures have been lost.

Closures: Highway 67 is closed until further notice. The closure will be evaluated on a daily basis. Highway 89A from Kanab, Utah, to Bitter Springs, Ariz., is currently open. However, this could change due to increased fire activity or smoke on the road. Future closures may include the use of pilot cars.

To protect public health and safety, portions of the North Kaibab Ranger District in close proximity to the Warm Fire are closed

The good thing is the Kaibab isn`t as dry as some areas... But hopefully it doesn`t burn too much... lots of roads to help the firefighters..

Has anyone heard anything further on the Jacob's Lake fire? It just kind of went away from the news.

:cool:

Warm Fire pic.

44a142303b83acb4.jpg

Thanks for the update Stan.......changes my plans this weekend for sure, as I was going to do some photographing/camping up there. USFS told me today the entire forest is closed to all access. I figured it was coming. Looks like I'll be baking in the heat fishing for Flathead Catfish this weekend. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back