Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wall tent rentals?

KRasmussen

I am still trying to figure out if I want a wall tent for some of the longer hunts or just stick with what I have, a small 2 man that has seen better days. I also have a 31' travel trailer but its not real easy to get into the backcountry. I do use it for some of the easier to get to hunting areas.

While searching for different manufacturers today I ran across a rental outfit in CO. The rental/try it out option sounds like it may be a good idea. You get to use a tent and see if it will work for you and if a larger size is needed there is no buyers remorse. I was curious if anyone here has used this company and are their products worth trying?

http://www.outdoorsgeek.com

I've never heard of renting a tent except in college they rentals. A while back I saw a price list for reliable tent and awning out of Billings, MT. If I remember correctly you cound get a wall tent for under $400...that was without the poles and I think it was an 8'x10'x5'.

Anyway here is their website: ttps://www.reliabletent.com

That's a pretty cool site but see if you can find the book creating a traditional elk camp it walks you through all kinds of info on how to choose the right tent I've read mine Probly 20 times one of the best tips is to chalk out the size tent you plan to buy then set out anything you plan to use in the tent and see how it sets up in the chalk lines and remember the measurments of the tent are usually presewn dimensions so figure 6"to 8" less all the way around. Another thing I learned is don't skimp on the stove or it will cost more when you do bite the bullet and buy the good stove. Hurry and check out Davis tent right now its there scratch and dent sale you'll save your 200 dollar rental fee on some of the bigger tents i bought mine 2 years ago and can't tell a scratch or dent anywhere.

If you decide to purchase instead of rent...a few things to keep in mind.

1. Go with the biggest tent you think you'll ever need. I'd not even think of anything less than 12x14...14x16 is the cats ass for up to 4 guys.

2. Five foot walls...all day long, and run from a tent with anything shorter.

3. Internal frame...easy and fast set-up.

4. Sunforger canvas is the only way to fly...mildew and water proof treated.

5. In a tent 12x14 or bigger, make sure to have a window on the opposite wall or even doors on each end.

Wall tents make a damn fine home for hunting.

I know theres a guy on bowsite that does rentals.Actually, includes all the equipment you will need and can pre-scout an area for you also.Think its hunthardcore.com.I get some good deals from him on my packs too.I recommend you check him out.In all my dealings with him, he's been a great straight forward guy

Dan rents tents but not wall tents. The tents he rents are a light weight teepee style. Very good guy to work with and has a lot more then just tents that he rents. He also has scouting services to help you locate animals which is handy if you are hunting a new area.

www.hunthardcore1.com

KRasmussen

I have used outdoor geek. Great company. Really easy to work with it and have great products. I am a solo back country archery hunter so it was nice to try out a few different tents before I bought one. Will aka the geek helped me find a tent that fit my needs. Very knowledgeable. Go on to Google and type in "Outdoors Geek forums/reviews" and you won't find anything bad about them. Or go to there Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Outdoors-Geek-LLC/133990793300208

Hope this helps
ColoKid

I used them last year and were great to deal with. Cows had ripped out a guy line and there were no extra charges. They rent davis tents and we enjoyed staying in it. Any other questions pm me.

Good timing, I was just searching the forum yesterday for wall tent info and didn't see this thread, Outdoor Geek looks like a great option!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back