WA COVID Ridiculousness

Irrelevant

I almost put this in public land issues because that's honestly what it effects but because it's hopefully short lived I decided here might be better

WA's Governor Inslee, former Presidential Candidate, has...
1. Outlawed camping on state lands: https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/camping-state-lands-close-through-april-30
2. Closed State Parks and Wildlife Areas. No access at all: https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/washington-state-parks-and-wildlife-areas-close-following-governors-order
3. Canceled recreation fishing:
https://wdfw.wa.gov/news/wdfw-close...e-wake-governors-order-stay-home-stay-healthy

Yet everyone can still... go to the grocery store (which means any store that sells even "a" grocery qualifies), go to the gas station, the bank, can go wait in line to order take out... the list goes on and on.

If the goal is for compliance and acceptance of these temporary restrictions you worst thing he, or anyone, could do is to lose track of common sense. When he starts making decisions that clearly make zero sense then not only am I going to break those restrictions, but I'm going to start questioning all your other decisions.

I don't mean that we should take this seriously. But after a long winter, and all the kids out of school, and parents working from home, and all the horrors we hear about kids and screen time, wtf kind of decision matrix are they actually following?

They've already got the district map ready! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325-235046_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325-235046_Samsung Internet.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 97
Oh I spoke too soon. All State Lands are now closed to public access.

When I hear people talk about infringement of their 2A rights, and how fired up they are, and how by-gawd what's this country coming to, I tend to roll my eyes in a very "OK Boomer" sort of way. But this is genuinely infringing upon one of the top reasons I love America. Public lands, wildlife, wild places. This is setting a precedent with a comparatively benign virus (as opposed to Ebola or Resistant TB).

In Washington it's all about Seattle. In Oregon, Portland. A state wide ban stopping some guy from fly fishing the Yakima doesn't seem to serve any purpose (although I do understand not exposing LEO's to undue exposure enforcing game/fish regs). Meanwhile, Dutch Bros is still open and handing debit cards back and forth like it's any other day. Pot store is still open too.

In Washington it's all about Seattle. In Oregon, Portland. A state wide ban stopping some guy from fly fishing the Yakima doesn't seem to serve any purpose (although I do understand not exposing LEO's to undue exposure enforcing game/fish regs). Meanwhile, Dutch Bros is still open and handing debit cards back and forth like it's any other day. Pot store is still open too.
Yeah, but Dutch Bros is soooooo much better than Starbucks

In the nexus of contagion, this seems counterintuitive. Perhaps the order is designed to keep young people out of urban parks more than anything. I can also maybe sorta understand closing crowded campgrounds with a public toilet everyone is touching. But dispersed camping is a no brainers. No fishing? Wtf?

Funny the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation sent emails out last week that was promoting recreating on public lands as a way of social distancing. I saw Illinois also closed there public land as well. A state that has it's liquor and pot stores open while closing its lands to camping, recreation, and banning all recreational fishing should take a long look at itself and the road it's on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back