WA COVID Ridiculousness

Another prime example that reason has left the building. If someone disagrees with you in the slightest they must disagree with you in totality. Can you please provide the quote where anyone on here is promoting anything you just claimed?

Respectfully my friend, I would say that when someone says something like this: "What I disagree with is the value placed on keeping that death number as low as possible."

It would have a tendency to upset people who are either in the risk pool or have loved ones who are currently suffering from, or are more likely to get, the disease, therefore you end up with some responses that reflect that psychology. When you add that you're upset with a fishing restriction, it comes across poorly.

We do make risk-based assessments every day. That doesn't mean we need to be somewhat cavalier about the fact that the statistics are actual people. I'm guiltier than most about the whole Thanos thing (even though there is evidence to suggest we're out-growing carrying capacity on the planet), so Daltrix's words hit me too. Maybe we take a few minutes before hitting post to think about what our words will mean to someone else who might be in the line of fire here.

Last edited:
I think he meant he wants beer poured on him. Some mild version of a golden shower I'm guessing 🤣🤣🤣

Haven't had a drop poured inside of me or outside since July 31st. :)

Maybe I'm just feeling like we should buy those essential folks a beer or three for putting up with us.

One thing I hate is everyone is treating this like its black and white. If you dont abide by every policy, you're a selfish denier. I've taken this virus seriously, believe every death is a tragedy, but call BS on me driving straight to the forest, hiking by myself, and driving straight home resulting a single transmission of this virus. There is a middle ground. Everyone thinks they're right, but none of us know for sure.
@Ben Lamb This is what I'm talking about, nothing in life is black or white. Either you agree 100% and you're on "my side" or you're not and to quote those on here, you're "irrational, negligent, irresponsible" and implied unintelligent. Everyone's everybody becomes some kind of statistic at some point, so don't patronize me that we can't discuss life and death and recognize that we have and make societal decisions that effectively equate to lives everyday. It bothers me that people can rationally discuss gun deaths but can't seem to discuss any infectious disease deaths.

I repeat, no one on here has ever claimed that we should not be treating this seriously. NO ONE. "Full stop."

Like Jay, I too have been treating this seriously, staying at home, haven't gotten near a trailhead, haven't hardly left our property except for a trip for irrigation parts (water comes next week) and two trips to the grocery store. We're on week 3 with 3 more to go. I've canceled all of our local sportsman assoc meetings and conducted all business via video chat. To claim that I'm being negligent is simply a lie.

Haven't had a drop poured inside of me or outside since July 31st. :)

Maybe I'm just feeling like we should buy those essential folks a beer or three for putting up with us.
Nice, booze is overrated anyways.

I agree, the actual essential folks, not shleps like me

I finally waded through this thread at about midnight last night and was going to write a long reply, but decided not to. But I just want to thank all the epidemiologists here giving us their thoughts on adequate and/or excessive measures being taken across the country. Really helps to cut through the gobbledygook I'm seeing on the teevee and reading in the papers.

BTW, I haven't been in a vehicle since two days before this thread started. I haven't felt like my rights were violated...I only felt like I was doing the right thing. My nurse wife and her co-workers who were told on Friday to gather all the PPE from their department and that they would now be given one face mask per shift appreciate my efforts.

@Ben Lamb This is what I'm talking about, nothing in life is black or white. Either you agree 100% and you're on "my side" or you're not and to quote those on here, you're "irrational, negligent, irresponsible" and implied unintelligent. Everyone's everybody becomes some kind of statistic at some point, so don't patronize me that we can't discuss life and death and recognize that we have and make societal decisions that effectively equate to lives everyday. It bothers me that people can rationally discuss gun deaths but can't seem to discuss any infectious disease deaths.

I repeat, no one on here has ever claimed that we should not be treating this seriously. NO ONE. "Full stop."

Like Jay, I too have been treating this seriously, staying at home, haven't gotten near a trailhead, haven't hardly left our property except for a trip for irrigation parts (water comes next week) and two trips to the grocery store. We're on week 3 with 3 more to go. I've canceled all of our local sportsman assoc meetings and conducted all business via video chat. To claim that I'm being negligent is simply a lie.

Wasn't trying to be patronizing, just trying to say the language choice you used may have been part of the equation to the responses you were getting.

Have a great day buddy.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back