MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

WA Chukars

Managed to get out of the in-laws early due to pass concerns and got out for a morning hike with brown dog. She's getting around better and better without her ACL, despite being 13... I would have given her a solid 5 out of 10 today. She got me on birds I would have walked by without her, but she also bumped birds I never got a shot at, and she couldn't find two of my cripples (I'll give her that there was a ton of other chukar scent to deal with).

I couldn't hunt the aspects with the most birds, the ground was too frozen and too steep to attempt without crampons. But we found enough on the sunny side to keep us entertained.

View attachment 168831
Old dogs are are great, they have so much fun just going

Old dogs are are great, they have so much fun just going
My mom has a soft spot for old dogs, thought has never been around bird dogs except mine. She thinks I'm being cruel taking her because her feet start to bleed and she's stove up for the days afterward. But not taking her would be the cruelest

My mom has a soft spot for old dogs, thought has never been around bird dogs except mine. She thinks I'm being cruel taking her because her feet start to bleed and she's stove up for the days afterward. But not taking her would be the cruelest
I limit my hours for my old dog,I do treat her feet a week or so before the hunt. Heck I treat my own feet with the same stuff and I no all about being stove up....lol Just got to luv chuckar hunting

I limit my hours for my old dog,I do treat her feet a week or so before the hunt. Heck I treat my own feet with the same stuff and I no all about being stove up....lol Just got to luv chuckar hunting
It's a passion i have a hard time explaining to others

Try paw gold on her paws if you start applying before the hunt and after, it works quite well.

No chukar for me so far this season. Dog found some...

Me? Hit them? Say what? ;)

It's been fun though. I did pick up some quail and shot some pheasant. Chukar... Sometimes I think of them as evil birds, luring dogs and hunters onto steep dangerous slopes, then simply flying away.... Sigh...

Congrats on getting a few. :)

Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back