Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WA Archery Buck

nbell

Well it all started on September 1st. Many may remember this drop tine buck I posted a while ago.
SUNP0070.jpg
An hour into the season, this buck walks right towards my stand, and all I can think is the season is over this fast. The little buck he was with steps out at 33 yards and stands there while I am at full draw. As he walks off the drop tine buck just stands there behind the trees. When he does move through the opening, it is at a fast trot, and I have to let down the bow. Two days of messed up sneaks, and chasing lots of bucks followed.

This morning I spot this buck
IMG_0144.jpg
My brother in law only has until noon today to hunt so I let him go after it. After the perfect sneak on the bedded buck, this is what we have to show.
SANY0374.JPG

He is stuck back at work, and now I have the rest of the season to try and better him. Probably wont happen, but have to give it a try.

Nick, you are a much kinder person than I am, I would have been knocking my brother-in-law out of the way to get to that buck! I do hope you get an even better one, but looks like the bar is set pretty high, good luck. Congrats to both of you.

You are a much kinder brother in law than I would be. Hope you get one that is eve n better.

Great job, and way to go. Way to share the spirit of hunting with the brother in law and you probably made his season. Good luck on sticking a monster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back