Yeti GOBOX Collection

WA Application Period Open

washington just hammering non-residents again,,,even though i am only 40 miles to the wash border,,,they are way down on my list to apply in as a non-res,many other states are far more competitive on what they offerand quality.Id rather burn $1000 in fuel for a "good" opertunity in the rocky mtn states than a mediockre opertunity in wasington.

I'm a WA resident and I hunt Montana....I hunt WA in my spare time if I have any. I'll draw an occasional elk tag & extra deer tag at best. Can't imagine a NR looking forward to hunting in WA unless it's with family or friends.

I'm a WA resident and I hunt Montana....I hunt WA in my spare time if I have any. I'll draw an occasional elk tag & extra deer tag at best. Can't imagine a NR looking forward to hunting in WA unless it's with family or friends.

Unfortunately what he said holds for me as well. It seems to be going downhill every year, we all talk about the good ol' days, but it really seems to apply here in WA.

I am going to have to agree. WA raised all the prices on residents also this year. Still have to put in, but couldn't imagine spending the money to apply as a non resident.

I grew up hunting deer and elk in the Colockum and would love to someday get back there and hunt again. But that herd has been mismanaged for years, and bull:cow ratio is some of the worst in the state. It looks like there are some good cow opportunities, and my Dad was back in the area recently and saw a lot of elk.

If they shut down 328, 329 to draw only and stepped up and changed the Native Hunt rules (or lack thereof) for a couple of years that area could get back to producing quality bulls. Though I will say, nostalgia goes a long way with me and I might just be dumb enough to try and hunt true spike only in an area that holds so many great memories.

Some of my best hunting memories ever are from chasing spikes in the Blues with family. I will be taking my 12 yr. old down for rifle this fall, mostly so he can experience seeing alot of elk in the wild. Just got tired of shooting spikes, I'm sure he would love it though. Tenative plan is to hit MT for the first week of rifle, come home for a few days and hit the last 4 days or so of WA rifle elk in Blues w/ family.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back