Caribou Gear Tarp

VX3I line going away

Awesome! But my account no longer works. The new website is much easier to navigate than the old one.

I'll be "that guy".

Good riddance to the VX3i line.

I have a bunch of Leupold scopes that I really like. I have Vari-X-III's, VX-II's, VX-III's, VX-3's and Mark 4's, I think I even have a Vari-X-IIc and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I only own one VX-3i and I would never buy another. The one I have and a couple others I've played with just aren't impressive. The power adjustment rings all felt too loose and a little gritty, same with the focal adjustment. The parallax seems much less forgiving than other similar scopes when aiming at close targets.

I hope Leupold has improved more than just the glass on the new line.

The 3.5-10 VX3HD would sit pretty nicely on my Kimber Hunter.

My understanding is the VX-3i is being replaced by the new VX-3HD, what the difference is, I have no idea. We'll have to wait and see, my guess is better glass.

So far all I have in stock is Leupold 180621 VX-3HD CDS-ZL 4.5-14x 40mm Obj 19.90-7.40 ft @ 100 yds FOV 1" Tube Burnt Bronze Finish Wind-Plex

New website looks good, and yes it does seem easier to use. Unfortunately, I don't see any of the higher powered VX-3HD's listed yet....I imagine they're coming. I'm looking for something in a 6-18 range. Also no sign of the Mark 3HD which was rumored to be coming.

Anyone have an insight as to whether or not they will be making the VX-3HD in anything higher than a 4.5-14 power??
I don't see anything listed on the new website. Maybe in 2022? I am in the market for a varmint/long range type scope. I didn't particularly want to drop down to the freedom line, and didn't necessarily want to get into a VX-5.

Back