VX3I line going away

From what I've read it looks like they got rid of the cds and side focus models of the vx3i. I haven't come across anything sayig the whole line is going away.

It's just a guess but when the op emailed them about the cds model they were talking about no longer producing those specific models not the whole line.

As others stated I hope they don't completely scrap the line, it's a good bang for the buck option as a mid level line of scopes.
"Entire 3i line" is their exact reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210101-110802_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-110802_Gallery.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 27
...from the cover page

The same spirit that made this country great goes into every Leupold scope. Each one is designed to outperform other scopes and it's tested like no other optic on Earth. It's built for a lifetime of performance, and we guarantee that forever.

As long as they live up to the above, and don't let the bean counters create ad copy and re-engineer quality, Leupold will be fine.

This is how conspiracies get started. ;)

Leupold dominates this category, so there is not a chance they are going away from that. They are doubling down. The VX5HD and the VX6HD are both "HD" because of the coatings, lenses, etc.

The next line of VX3 will drop the "i" and will be VX3HD, as they are making some upgrades to increase the value proposition.

I suspect you will be hearing the actual details in the next week or so. Rest assured, it is taking their leadership position in this value class and making it even better.

And trust me, you will like the VX3HD a LOT!

Leupold dominates this category, so there is not a chance they are going away from that. They are doubling down. The VX5HD and the VX6HD are both "HD" because of the coatings, lenses, etc.

The next line of VX3 will drop the "i" and will be VX3HD, as they are making some upgrades to increase the value proposition.

I suspect you will be hearing the actual details in the next week or so. Rest assured, it is taking their leadership position in this value class and making it even better.

Glad to hear they are trying to make improvements and not abandoning this price range and value blend of scopes.

Yikes! I was planning on getting 2 VX-3i's within the next year. Now do I jump on a close out deal for a 3i?, or do I wait for the 3HD?

I figured that BigFin would have the inside scoop!
Any idea on a release date as I'm in the market for a new scope for a February hunt?
Thx.

Unless someone has one of these (color doesnt matter - cds zl does) for a used price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210101-140503_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210101-140503_Chrome.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 19
I don't know the actual release date to retailers. Soon, I suspect, but not sure.

This news is sad but exciting! Thanks for the inside scoop Big Fin! I can’t wait to see what replaces this excellent scope.

Good deal. I’m in the market for a new scope and am leaning VX 5 but I’ll wait and check out this new offering.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back