Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
that’s some of it also local state government has power to confiscate guns when ever they want , it’s also looks like they are trying to pass bills now that ban any AR-15 or assault type weapons , there illegal period and there not even allowed to transported with in the state by non residents traveling through. I’m just starting to research this so if I’m incorrect forgive me. People are very concerned it’s the start of a state led gun grab by local government, and are coming from all over the county to protest .

but ya this brings out the wackos that give all us normal guns a bad image,
Compared to what? The wackos writing the laws? You guys are so worried about image that you look right past the things that matter. Wouldn't want to offend anyone!

that’s some of it also local state government has power to confiscate guns when ever they want , it’s also looks like they are trying to pass bills now that ban any AR-15 or assault type weapons , there illegal period and there not even allowed to transported with in the state by non residents traveling through. I’m just starting to research this so if I’m incorrect forgive me. People are very concerned it’s the start of a state led gun grab by local government, and are coming from all over the county to protest .

but ya this brings out the wackos that give all us normal guns a bad image,
Or do you mean "us normal guys that bend over and let our rights be stripped away"?

Seems like a bunch of regular folks, dress professionally, men & women, standing together, unarmed, would show the other side that gun owners are your friends and neighbors, that you know and respect and that the fear perpetuated by the anti side is unwarranted.

Instead...
Agreed. The extremists on either side of the aisle always make the rest of that party look nuts to the folks in the middle. This being said oppose all the bills they are trying to pass. I live in illinois with some of the strictest gun laws in the country and about an hour and a half from shitcago. New laws dont do a thing except make it harder for law abiding citizens. More laws aren't needed, the laws that are in place just need to be enforced.

Who wore it better?
View attachment 126004View attachment 126003

Because at the end of the day image matters, and those neutral on the topic of guns can't tell the difference.
If you cant distinguish between those two pictures you are honestly a moron. One is of people standing against oppression and the other is the oppression. Easy to make fun of some guys from behind a keyboard huh?

Easy to make fun of some guys from behind a keyboard huh?

I'm highlighting behavior that is putting holes in our boat. That kinda of imagery is why assault weapon bans are gaining traction.

And yeah, I'm doubling down. A whole lot of people aren't going to differentiate between those two photos. Those optics are terrible.

At the end of the day the 2nd amendment is not set in stone, it could be repealed by legislation. Therefore it's in all gun owner's best interested to advocate for their rights, in a respectful and responsible manner.

If advocated for in a common sense manner gun ownership does not need to be a partisan issue. There are lots of dems and independents that own firearms.

1579534553244.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm highlighting behavior that is putting holes in our boat. That kinda of imagery is why assault weapon bans are gaining traction.

And yeah, I'm doubling down. A whole lot of people aren't going to differentiate between those two photos. Those optics are terrible.

Meanwhile, the government has snipers on roof tops and drones in the air. You only see what you want to see.

I completely agree, but I would also like to see a bigger picture of the rally attendance. Unfortunately, the fringe is all that will make the news.

The point of this protest wasnt to sway people's opinions. The government in that state has been going against the wishes of their constituents for some time. For example, look how many counties have become so called sanctuaries. This protest is to send a message to that states government that we are tired of getting pushed around. Always worrying about offending someone and your image to god knows who isnt going to get us anywhere.

If you cant distinguish between those two pictures you are honestly a moron. One is of people standing against oppression and the other is the oppression. Easy to make fun of some guys from behind a keyboard huh?
To be clear, that’s not what @wllm1313 said. He said images matter. This is a marketing exercise. Of course we’re 2A supporters. His point, if I may be so bold, is to not look like a militant whilst staging your act of civil disobedience. The point of a protest is to not only stand up for your beliefs and convictions, but to bring others into your team.
and these guys, who of course we know are all model community members, look like looney thugs to most people.

The point of this protest wasnt to sway people's opinions. The government in that state has been going against the wishes of their constituents for some time. For example, look how many counties have become so called sanctuaries. This protest is to send a message to that states government that we are tired of getting pushed around. Always worrying about offending someone and your image to god knows who isnt going to get us anywhere.
If swaying opinion is not the point, then they’ve conceded the battle. Good luck rowing that ventilated row boat.

Compared to what? The wackos writing the laws? You guys are so worried about image that you look right past the things that matter. Wouldn't want to offend anyone!

Zach you miss interpreted my post , I wasn’t commenting on the guys in tactical gear ,those pics were posted while I was writing my thread , I was talking about the white supremacy types that’s the FBI arrested over the weekend, that where planning on going there to start stuff , but I wasn’t clear about my comment

and I didn’t like the ISIS pic comparison either,

To be clear, that’s not what @wllm1313 said. He said images matter. This is a marketing exercise. Of course we’re 2A supporters. His point, if I may be so bold, is to not look like a militant whilst staging your act of civil disobedience. The point of a protest is to not only stand up for your beliefs and convictions, but to bring others into your team.
and these guys, who of course we know are all model community members, look like looney thugs to most people.
To be clear, I've also said this in another post; this isnt a message to the people, it's a message to the government. Do you think there is an issue with the government of that state? Or the federal government? And do you really believe voting is going to fix it?

Zach you miss interpreted my post , I wasn’t commenting on the guys in tactical gear ,those pics were posted while I was writing my thread , I was talking about the white supremacy types that’s the FBI arrested over the weekend, that where planning on going there to start stuff , but I wasn’t clear about my comment

and I didn’t like the ISIS pic comparison either,
Gotcha brother, my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back