Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Vinegar or honey, you choose.

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

I mostly hunt public land, but I have a few private land pheasant spots I hit on occasion and treat like gold. I was hunting one today.

The first time I hunted it, the neighbor came to see if I had permission. He’s a grumpy old guy, but has a great heart. The guy who gave me the permission was a son in law who had very recently married into the farm, and the neighbor didn’t recognize the name. He hassled me pretty good, but I was polite and offered to call the guy. Finally it dawned on the neighbor who had given me permission and he apologized.

Fast forward to today. I hadn’t hunted this place in a couple of years. I wanted a close and short hunt so I talked to my friend and lined it up. Sure enough, halfway through my hunt I see the neighbor parked by my truck.

I wasn’t too far away so I hiked over. I told him I was pretty certain he was wondering if I had permission and told him I talked to my buddy. I then smiled and said, “do you remember me”? He laughed and said he remembered the last time we had this encounter. We chatted a little bit.

He pointed to a couple of big shelter bets of trees in a stubble field and said “that’s my field, call me if you ever want to hunt it”. He wrote his number on a piece of paper and we shook hands.

Sometimes people can be challenging. Be nice, it might get you somewhere.

Good to know a neighbor is keeping an eye out and property isnt being trespassed on when your not around. Better than a game camera!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back