Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Veteran oriented charities

Hatchie Dawg

Looking for a few recommendations that I might vet for a donation in remembrance of a fallen army vet.
Thanks for any help
HD

I donate to Hunting With Heroes. There are chapters in most states. I also am planning on extra local hunts where I go with someone who lost a limb or something like that in combat and retrieve their game for them.

Hells Roaring Horse Drive, Gardiner Montana

Come on down to Gardiner, for a celebration of the Wild West! Bring your camera, and dancing boots and help us raise money for veterans at this family fun event. The horses, cowboys and cowgirls race through town and up to the town of Jardine. There is plenty of opportunity for getting some great pictures. Or you may just want to enjoy watching the herd run by. You can follow them up to the Jardine Rodeo Grounds, where the real fun begins. All of the net proceeds go to fund Action Trackchairs for disabled veterans. These chairs are custom built and allow folks with disabilities to reclaim their freedom, independence, and mobility in the outdoors.

Fisher House is always a great choice. If anyone else is looking here are the org's that I have personal experience with and will vouch for. 1) American Heroes in Action- CO based and I am on a board with them (I have been a recipient of adventures and now take other vets out). Adventures in many states and all kinds of outdoor action 2) Freedom Hunters- a larger and wide ranging org associated with Jim Shockey that operates in the US and Canada. Top notch as well 3) Camp Patriot out of Libbey, MT- most of their stuff is centered out of their lodge up there in MT. Micah works straight from his heart. 4) Base Camp 40- another CO based group out of the western side of the state. More great folks with giving hearts going out of their way to make things happen. If you have any questions about any of these feel free to PM me.

Wishes 4 Warriors, run by a Marine and he takes wounded vets on hunting and fishing trips. Some of his hunts have been televised with Skull Bound and Life at Table Mountain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back