Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Venting

These guys are pretty darned dependable....especially the trouble maker on the right.

My main partner is my wife, in hunting and everything else. I do have one other buddy that makes at least one trip each year. We all put in separately in multiple states to give ourselves the best odds of drawing a tag. I sometimes hunt solo, sometimes hunt with my wife, sometimes hunt with my buddy, and every once in a while we all three get together. Makes no difference who has the tag, we all work as a team in camp. I like to do all the research and make the decsions where to apply. I do most of the scouting and have all of the equipment, except for my buddy's personal gear. I do all the buying of supplies and he just asks how much do I need. I've been really lucky compared to most. Now if I could just find a young person to carry the big load and do all the heavy lifting, life would be perfect.

My hunting partners..I hunt SOLO 90% of the time, I am not into it for the campfire, the conversation or the vacation, I enjoy doing that stuff all summer long , I am in it to hunt!!

Last edited:
My situation is a little different. Our deer hunting club (dog hunting) has a membership fee, and we don't take new members (not my idea, but don't have a vote). My biggest pet peeve is that too many times we don't have enough guys show up to cover the stands, so the dogs run the deer past us, and then it takes the rest of the day to round 'em up, so there's no time left for another drive! Then, on top of that the guy who owns the club, may decide to load up the dogs and go hunt somewhere else, and the rest of us aren't invited. We show up on Saturday morning, only to find empty dog pens and no explanation. I'd join another club, but can't afford to pay $1500.00 to $3,000.00 per year membership fees, hell it's all I can manage to pay the $450.00 that it costs for the club I'm in.

Those are the days, when those of us who show up, spread out and try a man drive or set up in the swamp and hope the club behind us has their dogs get by their standers and come our way!

We'd roll well together, I'm a big fan of self deprecating humor.

I have to warn you, you have not had the chance to see what my feet can do do the inside of a tent. It makes my eyes water let alone bystanders. I almost had to cut a hole in the tent to get my feet outside this Memorial Day weekend, it was brutal.

I think I could clear out a stadium with them. Maybe that's why no one will hunt with me;)

Note to self: IMPORTANT!!
1) Never buy used boots from Dink.
2) Never buy used long underwear from...well, just never buy used long underwear.

Much2hunt: I like your hunting partners
NHY: your partners look like a good time also (and probably don't eat as much)

I'm pretty sure its not.

I just wondering if you were dashing back to the tent or the banjo? :)

I'm proud to say that if I tell a guy I'll meet them at the airport in Vegas, the Walmart in Laramie or a toll plaza in Cleveland then by God I will be there ready to go hunting. There's a couple guys here on hunt talk that can vouch for that.

Vouched for Shooter!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back