Yeti GOBOX Collection

Utah LO Vouchers

HighDesertSage

Just out of curiosity, could someone please explain to me how the land owner voucher system works in Utah? I understand CO and NM, but I am having a hard time tracking down info for Utah. Can they be sold/transfered? Are they valid on private land only? What species do they have? Percentage of tags they take? Thanks for the help.

Yes, they can be sold/transferred/given away. If what you mean by landowner vouchers are CWMU permits, they are good for anywhere within the CWMU. These are mostly private, as there is an acreage requirement to be a CWMU, but some do have landlocked publics lands. The permits would be good for those landlocked public lands. The tags are not good unit wide and not outside of the CWMU boundaries. They do have much more latitude as to season dates than those for the regulare state units. I know of CWMUs for elk, deer, pronghorn, moose, and turkey. Not sure how to calculate the % of tags "they take" as each is considered it's own hunting unit. As such, the number of tags they are given is done upon the recommendation of the local biologist and is not a set number. The percentage of the bull/buck tags offered to the draw (residents only) is dependent upon the number of cow/doe tags they sell. If they give all their cow/doe tags to the draw they get to sell more of the their buck/bull tags.

hi im new here and i was also trying to figure out utahs system.i wanted to hunt cow elk near st. george,but i cant figure out which ranches are in those units any help?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back