Caribou Gear

Utah Late Elk Hunt Success 7x7 Monster

twister50

I put in for the late Elk hunt on the Beaver Utah Unit. We seen many elk, one elk i began to put a stalk on when another hunter killed it about 1,000 yards away. Later that night i went and looked at the elk when the huner arrived home and it scored an amazing 412". I could not believe i was a 1,000 yards away froma 412 MONSTER. The next few days we only seen some little bulls, then one morning as we were watching a herd of elk, below us about 1,000 was a monster 7x7 that was MASSIVE....We put a sneak on him and i shot and at 600 yards away hit and shattered his knee, he still managed to get over the ridge, so we hunted hard and 2 days later caught up with him, put a good sneak on him and took a shot and down he went. We scored him at 377 and he was 53" tip to tip, 53 5/8 Right Beam, 54 3/8 left Beam. 7x7 and would have been an 7x8 but busted his 8th off, and we estimated about 15"-20" of antler was busted off. He was a great bull... THANKS!
Cheston
Anyone know any good hunting Magazines i could put this Bull in? Thanks

Attachments

• Ches Elk2.JPG.JPG
    Ches Elk2.JPG.JPG
    965.6 KB · Views: 1,863
  • Cheston_s_Wide_Elk_Pic-1.JPG
    Cheston_s_Wide_Elk_Pic-1.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,905
Nice bull...but, I don't know of too many hunting rags (other than publishing the pic) that would tout the 600yd/broken knee/2days later story :(

Not throwing stones but (though I'm no "Greenhorn" when it comes to #'s of "huge" critters under my belt) I have killed enough to feel that 600-1000 yards away isn't much of a "sneak"....

Nice bull but when you shoot from 600 yds I would'nt conisder that you have sneeked up on anything. Unless you have different pics I would say the quality of the pic isn't good enough to be pubilshed main stream. Congrats on a nice bull and glad to see you caught up with him to put him down.

Sorry for the Typo

Sorry for the typo, i did not mean to say 600 Yards i meant 300 Yards away when i shot, we walked 600 yards to put the stalk on him, and he was 300 yards away when i pulled the trigger. I do have other pictures, but it will not let me publish them, it will only publish these crappy ones. Can i email them to someone and have them put them on? THANKS!

Monster Bull Man, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I see what you mean about the stalk i was confused at first but after reading your other post i get it. GOOD JOB!

I was gonna say, yo man they make scentloc nowadays, You could get a little bit closer. :)

Sweet bull man, congrats

Dang!! With all the "ethics police" around here, I thought I'd logged onto Monster Muleys, not Moosies.

All I have to say is GREAT BULL. Congrats on successful hunt and an awesome trophy!!

SCOTT

TuffBucker, I'am just tired of game farm animals being passed off as wild. I guess that's what the 21 century will bring us with game farms being the norm. I see shows every day on the sportsman chanel where they are hunting game farms.......Kind of waters down the record book.

It is a big bull but I have to say that a 300 yard knee shot is not much of a shot. At least you got him ironed out. You hit about 4 foot low to knock out the knee, are you sure it was only 300 yards? I think your first statement was probably true at 600 yards since you hit so low with such a large gun. it is that or you need to brush up on the shooting. Nice bull though. Ron

Tuffbucker said:
Dang!! With all the "ethics police" around here, I thought I'd logged onto Monster Muleys, not Moosies.

All I have to say is GREAT BULL. Congrats on successful hunt and an awesome trophy!!

SCOTT

Tuff Bucker, I'm kind of On the Fence with this one....... On one hand I agree with you..... and on the other Hand, .... when you come in like a Wirl wind saying OHH look at me I killed a Big Bull on a llimited tag draw and Stalked it to 600 yards and Shot it's Hoof and I'm the Chit and Want to Be in a Magazine, and post a Subpar picture..... it's hard for People not to Fire back.

First off I'll Agree thats an Awesome BULL. And being a "KID" that got it and Posted, I don't blame him for the Back to Back posting to himself. YES, We know it was You who Posted as BIGcofUTAH, congratulating yourself. (Don't deny it, it only makes it look worse). (Next time type different and We'd of never caught on....... :p )

No one is Intentially busting your Balls bud, But it's not always about getting in a magazine. AWESOME you drew on a Limited tag and sounds like you hunted hard to get it. You killed a Great bull, don't let that get away from ya. Congrats !!!! I'd love to see the Better pictures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back