UT Hunt Expo

blah blah blah, same old guys bashing an organization helping wildlife! lets say they only give a $1out of $10. thats still better than nothing. Maybe utah fish and game should not take all the cash they get SFW to help fund their projects.

If there was an organized protest outside of the convention center, I would go to that.

Simply saying that you will not go on the internet is an interesting passive aggressive concept.

It is an action, but not one that will let people know the truth about where the money is going unless they frequent a forum.

The odds of drawing those tags are awful and it is a lucrative scheme.

The hope of drawing a coveted tag is the reason why a lot of people will go.

The Utah system only allows residents to put in for one species in Limited Entry (Deer, Elk, Pronghorn) and one species OIL (D Sheep, R/C Sheep, R Goat, Moose, Bison), thus it is some residents chance to dry a tag while waiting for their limited entry experience or once in a lifetime experience. You really can't blame Utah Residents for going.

As a Non Resident there are some OIL hunts that are open to NR's only, which is tempting in the thought that the draw odds may be better - the truth is that your odds are better pulling the one tag in the regular Utah Draw.

I do plan on going, but it is more of an excuse to go home and hang out with family than anything else.

Not going and I'm not wasting my money to go there and protest. Call me passive aggressive if you want to. I'll keep sending my money to better organizations than Sham For Wildlife.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the Utah F&G is allowing an organization to basically control tag numbers:confused: Why don't they just do it themselves an collect the proceeds without having some greedy middleman. It's almost like the mafia is calling the shots. It's ridiculous.
If they did sell them by themselves and then used some of the profits to hire outside "contractors/organizations" do the habitat work it would look a whole lot better, at least until someone tampered with the bidding process. Right now some folks think that without SFW you wouldn't be able to function. Whatever look at all the other states getting by and they aren't even pimping out tags near the volume that Utah is. It's flat crazy.

blah blah blah, same old guys bashing an organization helping wildlife! lets say they only give a $1out of $10. thats still better than nothing. Maybe utah fish and game should not take all the cash they get SFW to help fund their projects.
Makes a guy shake his head in amazement. mtmuley

elkslayer100, have a Snickers you sound like the Don when you're hungry!

I really like these conventions. Even as a kid My parents would drop me off at the Salt Palace to spend a day at the RMEF conventions in the late 80's. I loved getting brochures and free stickers as a kid:D I've only gone to the Hunt Expo once and while it had many of the same attractions of old, I couldn't get past the booths that were pimping their wives/girlfriends with fake headlights parading their products. Kinda turned me off. Seemed to be almost any of those Utah based flat billed antler hunting/filming companies. Lots of men wearing huge pocket jeans with fancy jewels on them and Affliction t-shirts. Sorry for the stereotype but it is what I saw. I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy and am used to seeing outfitters in cowboy hats and boots at many of the booths.:cool:
Saw this in Lincoln, NE last week. :D

PS- Ignore the fat and ugly photographer.

May be we should start a new thread with picts and call it "The People of Hunt Expo" kinda like the Walmart one. It would give those attending somewhat of a scavenger hunt.

The only reason i want to go is to see the Wyohighcountry guy get blasted in person. He has a booth at the expo. :)

Lawnboy you are spot on with those observations.
I will be attending with the family this year. Some of the seminars are pretty good.
The boys like the free stuff they get.

The DWR could run an ebay page too sell the auction tags and raffle tickets to the expo tags and make just as much money as SFW does and keep it all minus a snack fund for a high school kid to run the page.

The only reason i want to go is to see the Wyohighcountry guy get blasted in person. He has a booth at the expo. :)

I thought that dude disappeared off the face of the earth. Last I heard is he resurfaced on Instagram and started to blast / challenge Eastman's for their blog referencing him (http://blog.eastmans.com/up-a-creek-400-deep/) and now he's gone again?

That would be some interesting side-drama for the Expo. I do like Lawnboy's idea called "The People of Hunt Expo"....that would be hilarious!

OK - now this is bringing some entertainment value to us. Somebody has to get us photos of this guy at the convention.
He's probably looking to book his next "High Fence Adventure"

If you want to enjoy his work just click on over to http://wyohighcountry.com
might see some familiar photos

Last edited:
OK - now this is bringing some entertainment value to us. Somebody has to get us photos of this guy at the convention.
He's probably looking to book his next "High Fence Adventure"

If you want to enjoy his work just click on over to http://wyohighcountry.com
might see some familiar photos

Does anyone know if this idiot lives in Laramie?

If he does, he must keep a low profile.

online whitepages lists him living on forest avenue

Stop in and say "hello"

If you do that make sure you're wearing the same clothes walking up to the door as you are on the way back to the car. Audio might be a little iffy too since there's akways a train around him.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back