Used vehicle prices

Selling my 2016 F250 Lariat. I'll post details in the classified section.

View attachment 227831I'm pretty tickled with this truck. Government auction, $4k. 2014 4x4, hemi, vinyl seats and floor. It's got the cam/lifter noise, but after I get that fixed up it'll be a nice ride.
Careful- my dad had that lifter noise on his ‘12. That noise turned into a $9800 engine swap because it was a stuck lifter that wore a flat spot on the cam shaft.

Not to be confused with the exhaust leak on my ‘16, though. But I’m keeping a much closer eye on it right now.

Careful- my dad had that lifter noise on his ‘12. That noise turned into a $9800 engine swap because it was a stuck lifter that wore a flat spot on the cam shaft.

Not to be confused with the exhaust leak on my ‘16, though. But I’m keeping a much closer eye on it right now.
Yeah, I'm expecting a rebuild. I got quoted $8500 for a Jasper engine, MDS delete, etc.

We've got two 2014 Toyotas that we bought used, I can now sell the wife's Land Cruiser for way more than we paid and break even on my Tundra that I've had for 5 years, it's mind-blowing.

I picked up a Bronco Wildtrak yesterday and paid full MSRP. I am still pissed I waited almost two years for delivery but appreciative they didn't try and charge above MSRP.

Reactions: LCH
It’s insane… back when I retired in 2019 the neighbor was buying a new ride and was just going to trade in his 2011 F150 (low mileage Supercab Lariat w/ Leer topper and ALL the bells & whistles). I told him whatever they’d give him at trade I’d match, thinking I’d save my Silverado from more mountain pin-striping during hunting season. He gave it to me for $11,000.

Fast forward 3 years to last weekend I was car “browsing” with the daughter and for grins I asked the sales dude that he’d give me for my truck. He hopped in and looked around it (128k miles) and said he’d prob be around $16-$17k. WTH??😯

The truth:

Today a used 4X4 is worth more than it ever has before.
*How long will that last?

A new truck will never cost less than now.
*MSRP is actually a good price today.

You can decide if you want to drive your truck until the wheels fall off and be independent of the manufacturer’s high cost, or buy now at these prices.

When the wheels fall off, the new truck you will have to buy will be at such a ridiculous rate, you will wish you hadn’t waited so long.

Like it or not, if you want to own and drive a 4X4 truck, you had better get used to paying for it. You will pay now or you will pay later, but later won’t save you any money.

My Ram was 10 years old, I sold it with 84,000 miles on it for what I paid for it new. There was nothing wrong with it and it would last another 10 years. But, in 10 years I would have a 20 year old truck with more chance of mechanical problems than if I buy new now, so I did.

I paid $21,000.00 more to buy a new Chevrolet crew cab, Duramax, that will have way less miles on it in 10 years and who knows how much a truck will cost then.

Just like the old “Fram” oil filter ad said “you can pay me now or pay me later” and later isn’t going to be cheap.

Ram sold for $43,000.00

D539D597-A8EF-4A20-9486-9F4DC97AE5C8.jpeg

2022 Chevrolet 3500
$64,000.00

F9F6DC70-AC05-439D-8AD9-B099BCBAD668.jpeg

View attachment 227831I'm pretty tickled with this truck. Government auction, $4k. 2014 4x4, hemi, vinyl seats and floor. It's got the cam/lifter noise, but after I get that fixed up it'll be a nice ride.

Thanks for the photo. Several times my folks have said that my F150 seems too small to tow my jeep around. I’m saving this

• Haha
Reactions: LCH
I bought a used truck in October 2021 and the dealership just called and offered me 4 more grand than what i paid for it.

The truth:

Today a used 4X4 is worth more than it ever has before.
*How long will that last?

A new truck will never cost less than now.
*MSRP is actually a good price today.

You can decide if you want to drive your truck until the wheels fall off and be independent of the manufacturer’s high cost, or buy now at these prices.

When the wheels fall off, the new truck you will have to buy will be at such a ridiculous rate, you will wish you hadn’t waited so long.

Like it or not, if you want to own and drive a 4X4 truck, you had better get used to paying for it. You will pay now or you will pay later, but later won’t save you any money.

My Ram was 10 years old, I sold it with 84,000 miles on it for what I paid for it new. There was nothing wrong with it and it would last another 10 years. But, in 10 years I would have a 20 year old truck with more chance of mechanical problems than if I buy new now, so I did.

I paid $21,000.00 more to buy a new Chevrolet crew cab, Duramax, that will have way less miles on it in 10 years and who knows how much a truck will cost then.

Just like the old “Fram” oil filter ad said “you can pay me now or pay me later” and later isn’t going to be cheap.

Ram sold for $43,000.00

View attachment 227862

2022 Chevrolet 3500
$64,000.00

View attachment 227863
Everyone said I was crazy when I bought the 2020 daddiator.
Look at them now. 😂

Sweet ride.

Bought this used 03 Silverado 2500HD and have been driving for several years and back earlier this year was offered 8k over what I paid for it. Been around trucks all my life. I know I will keep it a long time and only put less than 10k on it a year so no real need to get rid of. Plus I can fix most everything on it myself and these new trucks are so complicated I would need a computer to keep it running.thumbnail_IMG_2508.jpg

15 months ago I bought a 2001 Ram 2500 24 valve Cummins with a 6 speed manual, 255,000 Miles. I have fixed most of it up, and could get $20k for it now. Not doing it.

Just bought Mrs. Fan a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee (I'm a super nice guy). Could only get it down to $44K. Had 3800 miles on it, used.

Nuts.

Same thing with our travel trailer. We bought a nice one for $8500. Now they list for double that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back