Caribou Gear Tarp

Used fishing boat market

I've been trying to buy a house (and then a boat) this year in Montana. There were a few decent boat options under $2k in the area, but now there is absolutely nothing I would consider worth the trouble.

Houses in my price range were overpriced last year, but they're insane right now. It's kinda depressing, really- I just wanted a place to store all my things, a yard so I could get a dog, and maybe get a good workbench & woodworking bench in the garage. Long story short- I signed up for another 10 months in the apartment, since it seems that 30-some percent of housing bills weren't paid in full this month, which makes 4 months in a row. Maybe next year.

Ive also been searching for houses and the prices are insane. Anything decent is immediately bid on and goes for well over asking. Twice I tried to see a house and they were sold before a showing could be scheduled.

We've been looking for a boat for some time, I couldn't have been more wrong about this pandemic situation. I had it in my mind that with all the furloughs people would be wanting to offload their boats, just like the OP, I can't get on a boat fast enough before a dozen people are already in line. It's to the point now where we are debating on buying new in the fall or spring, the used boat market is red hot here in Kansas.

Maybe try driving around and make an offer on someone’s boat that’s in their yard, but not listed for sale. Especially if it looks like the trailer hasn’t been moved this summer. Some people have stuff they intend to unload, but just haven’t gotten around to yet. I’ve done this for cheaper boats in IA/IL, and most people will obviously turn you down, but maybe worth a try.

Anyone think there will a winter or spring markett ? They arent lasting 45 minutes on craigslist. ... 18 year old lunds for 12-15 grand. Can buy new for 25,000.... Starting to consider buying new although Im not what I would call a hardcore fisherman

In my opinion the fit and finish of the new boats leaves a lot to be desired unless you're spending some serious cash.

Yep, it is definitely a good time to pull the old boat out of the weeds, air up the trailer tires and put a for sale sign on it, Same with rv’s!

Come fall they’ll be basically worthless again..

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back