Used fishing boat market

isu22andy

Has anyone else noticed the used fishing boat market is hotter than hell right now or is it just me ? Everytime I find a mid early 2000s boat theres atleast 4-5 people in front of me. A 99 Crestliner 17 foot sportfish for 10,000 had 25 people lined up to see it . No joke . I assume its from covid but good god. Im trying to find an early 2000s aluminum 17-20 foot walleye boat and everyone wants 16,000 or theres 14 people in line. Never spent so much time on craigslist and fb marketplace just to get beat by 6 people in line before in my life !

I listed my 94 bass boat a month ago and within the first 4 hours I had over 20 replies.

Immediately knew maybe I should of asked for more money.

I think it is due to COVID, I’ve had a similar experience with used trailers here. We bought one to use earlier in the summer for a reasonable price and I just got rid of it for a $200 profit with no additional work except a light plug, neighbor had a similar experience

Boats, campers, swimming pools, hot tubs, furniture, home improvement is all hot as hell right now. Best guess is people spending vacation money on other things right now.

Not just covid, boat market crashed in 08 or there abouts. Manufacturers didn't produce as much after that, keeping the inventory of new boats low, eventually causing a lower inventory of used boats, increasing their value and it's never really adjusted. Bought my boat, a 2000 lund pro v 2025 with a 225hp and a kicker in 07 with a soft spot in the floor and no electronics, and it's worth almost as much today as what I bought it for after doing a little work to it. It's nuts where the used boat and 4 wheeler market is at currently. The housing market seems worse. My kids just bought a house, my folks are looking and friends have bought houses this summer and it's literally a race to see how far outbid you're going to get.

Yup, I bought a boat earilier this year and the deals I found the boat was spoken for in about 30 minutes to an hour.

yeah it's crazy! I browse the classifieds and craigslist just to see what's out there, and I can tell you...right now....there isn't a hell of a lot out there.

Immediately after stimulus checks went out and dealers opened up there were lines out the boat dealers parking lots around me. I went in asking about an outboard and he said there supplier was sold out of just about all of them.

I also have really been considering selling my old aluminum boat I bought for $50 a few years back and invest into a newer nicer boat but I have held off because I'm not sure I could find a boat that isn't already sold haha and the walleye bite has been pretty decent lately

Yep, I was casually looking last fall and there were some pretty good options. But I decided to wait and allocate funds elsewhere. Looked again this past week and there are way less options.

Has anyone else noticed the used fishing boat market is hotter than hell right now or is it just me ? Everytime I find a mid early 2000s boat theres atleast 4-5 people in front of me. A 99 Crestliner 17 foot sportfish for 10,000 had 25 people lined up to see it . No joke . I assume its from covid but good god. Im trying to find an early 2000s aluminum 17-20 foot walleye boat and everyone wants 16,000 or theres 14 people in line. Never spent so much time on craigslist and fb marketplace just to get beat by 6 people in line before in my life !
I sold both my Tracker and my Deep V in two days on Marketplace. It most definitely is on fire. I had enough after selling them to buy a used lund with money left over for a new rifle lol. Good luck on that particular length boat. It seems like everybody that has one has it listed at a crazy price. I had to drive 6 hours to get mine and it almost got sold out from underneath me about 4 hours into the trip to get it.

Yup it's the Covid Creep....everything used out here is up in price. Fishing boats and trailers are at a premium IF you can find one, used tools and building materials the same, longer lines at Lowes and Home Depot than there are for the hospitals in this neck of the woods!

Glad I bought my 2005 1850 sportfish last summer. Boat prices are insane. I'd consider selling it for 25k ;)

Anything associated with outdoor recreation is going like crazy.
I thought Montana would be a little calmer this summer...boy was I wrong. Total shitshow.

I've been trying to buy a house (and then a boat) this year in Montana. There were a few decent boat options under $2k in the area, but now there is absolutely nothing I would consider worth the trouble.

Houses in my price range were overpriced last year, but they're insane right now. It's kinda depressing, really- I just wanted a place to store all my things, a yard so I could get a dog, and maybe get a good workbench & woodworking bench in the garage. Long story short- I signed up for another 10 months in the apartment, since it seems that 30-some percent of housing bills weren't paid in full this month, which makes 4 months in a row. Maybe next year.

I have a 70’s-ish Glastron I would almost give away...

If you have an 00-2007 Lund Crestliner Sylvan Smokercraft Alumacraft with a walk through windshield I guarantee you can sell it for what you bought it for 4 -5 years ago.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back