Yeti GOBOX Collection

Use Enough Gun

All I know is if Tim Wells is taking big game with a damn blow gun a 220 swift .243 .260 .22-250 .270 .280ai 7mag 300wm 300sm 45-70 378 30-378 etc should be plenty of bang for the buck..... literally.

bear_tim_240x240.jpg

I think the badge of honor vibe is true to some extent, probably a little immature, and I’ve probably gotten a little defensive on it now and again myself over the years. I think it mostly comes from guys who are good hunters and killers that get sick of being told they’re dumb and unethical, despite putting a lot of thought and effort into things. I’m sure there are others who do it just to do it, which isn’t real sensible either.
Just a "little" defensive? I suggested 94 gr might not be enough if you had to shoot a muley buck three times "in the boiler room" to bring it down. And you went ballistic. And you still haven't got over it. Still trolling my posts and making smart eighth grade remarks. Hey, three times in the vitals is three times no matter how you reshape it. Am I the only one who sees something a little bit off with that? Anyone else on here ever had to shoot a deer three times in the vitals and NOT wondered whether they were using the right gun/cartridge?

Just a "little" defensive? I suggested 94 gr might not be enough if you had to shoot a muley buck three times "in the boiler room" to bring it down. And you went ballistic. And you still haven't got over it. Still trolling my posts and making smart eighth grade remarks. Hey, three times in the vitals is three times no matter how you reshape it. Am I the only one who sees something a little bit off with that? Anyone else on here ever had to shoot a deer three times in the vitals and NOT wondered whether they were using the right gun/cartridge?
Maybe hes just a fast shooter, last muley I killed I shot 4 times right behind the shoulder. With 140 gr. Accubonds out of a 7-08 all were in about a 6" group going in. I dont stop shooting til they tip over just how I am. That buck fell over 25 yards from where he was standing at the first shot.

Calling Snowy a troll LMFAO Ontario...... I had to shoot my bull this year 4 times right in the pump house. It happens that bull didn't take 4 steps either. 7mag 150gr nosler partition It happens..... never once have I thought I need more umf or a bigger gun. I'm pretty sure this is from the 2nd bullet. I have it on video...... animals, adrenaline and a will to live...

20201104_095507.jpg

Calling Snowy a troll LMFAO Ontario...... I had to shoot my bull this year 4 times right in the pump house. It happens that bull didn't take 4 steps either. 7mag 150gr nosler partition It happens..... never once have I thought I need more umf or a bigger gun. I'm pretty sure this is from the 2nd bullet. I have it on video...... animals, adrenaline and a will to live...

View attachment 175621
My last bull I hit three times in the vitals with 180 TTSX out of a .300 Win Mag and he didn't take three steps either. Guess I wasn't using enough gun. Come to think of it I actually had to shoot a mule deer three times with my .270 once, all lethal hits. Shit happens sometimes.

If people would focus on:

1). Being a better marksman
2). Understanding vital areas and shot angles
3). Being a better tracker

All of this would be an absolute moot point. Focus on what matters.
Bang on the money there
Cheers
Richard

I think placing more shots into an animal is a normal and ethical thing to do, in most circumstances.

The last elk I killed was shot twice in the lungs in maybe three seconds from less than a hundred yards away. I knew it was hit hard with the first shot but it was staggered, not down. After the second shot it was down.

The last mountain goat I killed many years ago got the same treatment,,come to think of it, so did the first one I shot.

As long as they are still upright, and the angle is good, there will be another shot headed their way.

If people would focus on:

1). Being a better marksman
2). Understanding vital areas and shot angles
3). Being a better tracker

All of this would be an absolute moot point. Focus on what matters.
I agree. But if every shot taken at game was a one shot kill, people would still argue calibers.

View attachment 175621
I was with a guy who smoked a cow elk through the heart with a 300mag one time. She still ran 50 yards before dying. Last year I took a guy who also shot a small bull through the heart with a 300 mag. Went 50 yards before dying. I couldn’t even tell it was hit till it went down. Incidentally a buddy of mine smoked a cow right behind the shoulder with a 22-250 and dropped it in its tracks! He doesn’t live here🤐🤷🏻‍♂️

I was with a guy who smoked a cow elk through the heart with a 300mag one time. She still ran 50 yards before dying. Last year I took a guy who also shot a small bull through the heart with a 300 mag. Went 50 yards before dying. I couldn’t even tell it was hit till it went down. Incidentally a buddy of mine smoked a cow right behind the shoulder with a 22-250 and dropped it in its tracks! He doesn’t live here🤐🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah i bet, animals are tough especially the bigger ones elk and moose. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw the fold up hit the deck shot..... it's just important to follow up if possible and do your best to stay on em.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back