Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Update on youth hunter

Slydog

This spring was a total blast. We had many good hunts and all the kids in the program killed birds. We had our first girls in the turkey hunt this spring and after it was over I told both of the girls that I would hunt with them anytime. Thease two girls hunted hard and one hunted for 10 hours in a rainstorm that most men would not have gone outside in, let alone sit and call to wet birds in. Michell was detremined to get her first bird, well just before the birds were ready to fly up to roost, one lone jake steped out into the field and I'm not sure who was more happy at that moment but I know when that bird piled up she squealed out loud and the smile was worth a million bucks. she will be hunting next spring with her Dad and brother.

to sum up the spring season: I called in over 250 birds to within 40 yards and we killed 9 birds. 3 good gobblers, 5 jakes and I shot a hen with a 5" beard. Not a bad way to start off the year.

smote the yote
slydog

Excellent work slydog,nothing like a kids grin to make your day!

Sounds like you had a blast this season congrats on a wonderful year.
biggrin.gif

If my kids kill their critters I;ll be happy and I don't care if I shoot anything at all.

The kids in this program are what matter to me. I just want to keep them all, each one is so special and just need someone to give a crap. I can only help them for a few days and they need someone all the time. But when they fill that tag and complete the goal, they have learned they can do new things and succeed at whatever they set their mind to. its an empowerment program for most of the kids.
God, I love my job.

slydog

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back