Unicorn Day....thanks Schmalts

Really like the FD reticle...fine crosshairs w/ #4'ish heavy aspects. Bell clear/crisp edges...prefer the VX3 series mounting space to the VX5 for cheek weld. Left the throw lever in place for now...there's a plug in the box if it's removed. Replaces a non lume'd 4.5x14 30mm Windplex VX3i CDS...to my eyes just as clear. Same dimensions.

Really like the FD reticle...fine crosshairs w/ #4'ish heavy aspects. Bell clear/crisp edges...prefer the VX3 series mounting space to the VX5 for cheek weld. Left the throw lever in place for now...there's a plug in the box if it's removed. Replaces a non lume'd 4.5x14 30mm Windplex VX3i CDS...to my eyes just as clear. Same dimensions.
I have a buyer for the 4.5x14 if your gonna part with it.

I am intrigued by the fire dot…Have new build coming and need to reach out to Schmalts as well.

Is the twilight hunter just a finer Flash Dot?
Text says 8 settings with off being one of em. So 7 intensity levels when powered. Havent played with it much but first blush is it’s basically the same as the other Leupold FD equipped. The fine aspects of the crosshair is finer with no bolded aspect at the vertical top, like a German #4. It’s uncluttered to say the least. Second focal plane, very good sight pic.

Text says 8 settings with off being one of em. So 7 intensity levels when powered. Havent played with it much but first blush is it’s basically the same as the other Leupold FD equipped. The fine aspects of the crosshair is finer with no bolded aspect at the vertical top, like a German #4. It’s uncluttered to say the least. Second focal plane, very good sight pic.
I like that fine #4.

She’s gonna be a good setup!

The plan is testing some Hammer variants after zeroing Sunday morning. Changed my mind about action trueing & dolling the bolt. Will tweak the zero when the MickeyWalnut installs.

Nice optic. I’ve got the fire dot on a VX5-HD and love it. I’d like to have the same scope you’ve just gotten on my Savage 220 slug gun. If Remington 3” Accutips were more readily available, I’d consider getting one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back