UN Gun Treaty

As a business owner I'm happy and thankful my employees and I have a job. Hard as it might be to believe, not all of us can simply 'pass' unallocated mandates on to our customers. Complicated and unsustainable edicts from the gubmint make me nervous.. and flippant comments about other people's livliehood just don't do it for me these days.

Last edited:
Josie, going to start with you since it's more fun, and easier to make you look foolish.

LMAO........ "not saying it right"...... That is some pretty much bullshit type of spin. your opinion. not sure why you think your opinion matters to me or anyone else? You clearly stated that it was on "any house you sell", and, Nemont skool'd you on your ignorance. And now, instead of telling him thanks, and sending him a check for the tuition, you mean like the ones you send me for the constant schooling I have given you? you have the audacity to call him out??? yes, called him out. why is that a problem? he wants to call me a liar or ignorant, and then writes the post he did? trying to read that was tough until he edited it. That ain't a "typo", never said I made a typo. nemont said he made a typo. but do find it interesting the way you run around telling everyone how ignorant they are because of the way they write or spell, but you never said a word to nemont. guessing since you feel inferior to him, you can't do it? or maybe you're afraid that he will start pointing out your ignorance? that is a completely ignorant statement you made. And, let's be honest, you still don't have a clue how it affects anybody. again, your opinion. if you had read the bill/law, you would know where I got my information. Spin away, spin away, and when you get done, you should send a tuition check to Nemont for the skoolin' you got. My guess is you have got more skoolin' in this thread than you have since 8th grade.... let us know when you get off your knees in front of nemont and having something important to say. because so far, you have not said anything relevant to anything. all you have done is try to ride nemonts coat tail.

"Typing on an iPad makes for a lot of typos."

hey, it's your story, you tell it the way you want to.

Josie, have to ask. if you were in a face to face, would you have the nerve to make a cooment like this? "And now you feel compelled to state the same ignorant lies as TLC after watching Nemont Skool him?" completely rhetorical as I already know the answer after seeing the picture of you out fishing.

see you are riding nemonts coat tail again. complete lack of originality.

"If I was valued that little, I would go to "collage" and get me some of that book learning."

what makes you think you aren't? be about time you went and learned something.

As a business owner I'm happy and thankful my employees and I have a job. Hard as it might be to believe, not all of us can simply 'pass' unallocated mandates on to our customers. Complicated and unsustainable edicts from the gubmint make me nervous.. and flippant comments about other people's livliehood just don't do it for me these days.

OUCH!!! now that is a bitch slap for ya.......have a mark on your face Josie?

As a business owner I'm happy and thankful my employees and I have a job. Hard as it might be to believe, not all of us can simply 'pass' unallocated mandates on to our customers. Complicated and unstainable edicts from the gubmint make me nervous.. and flippant comments about other people's livliehood just don't do it for me these days.

As a business owner I know that my clients rely on the best that I can provide. I don't get that by putting myself or my profit margin first. I get hat by empowering my partners, contractors and employees.

If that means I make a few bucks less this year, but ensure the future prosperity of my business then so be it. I pay over 400 a month for just a high deductible plan for my wife and I. I also have an hsa so I can afford that deductible. Before ACA, we couldn't get insurance because of a pre-existing condition my wife has. Before I left and started my own business, I didn't have health care except for a small flex plan that got used
up every year by going to the dentist.

I've been on both sides of this. I've had bennies cut, salary cuts, etc,and the only thing it did was create a situation where I resented coming in to work. I wasn't as valuable as someone else's pocketbook. That's not right. Especially when you sacrifice and go way above and beyond your job statement.

The value of an employee is much more than their salary and benefits package. Treating people like a commodity rather than an asset is a great way to go out of business, and continue a cycle that places more value on profits than people.

Telling people you are cutting their compensation because you don't like the politics of something is horseshit. Saying that you're going to do it because it impacts your bottom line negatively is just as bad, and shows no real entrepreneurial spirit.

Nemont, missed your post where you had the link for the realtors site. can you tell me where they got that information from? it's not in the bill that I read.

“CHAPTER 2A--MEDICARE TAX

“Sec. 1411. Imposition of tax.

“SEC. 1411. IMPOSITION OF TAX.

“(a) IN GENERAL.--Except as provided in subsection

(e)--

“(1) APPLICATION TO INpIDUALS.--In the

case of an individual, there is hereby imposed (in ad-

dition to any other tax imposed by this subtitle) for

each taxable year a tax equal to 3.8 percent of the

lesser of--

“(A) net investment income for such tax-

able year, or

“(B) the excess (if any) of--

“(i) the modified adjusted gross in-

come for such taxable year, over

“(ii) the threshold amount.

“(2) APPLICATION TO ESTATES AND TRUSTS.--

In the case of an estate or trust, there is hereby im-

posed (in addition to any other tax imposed by this

subtitle) for each taxable year a tax of 3.8 percent

of the lesser of--

“(A) the undistributed net investment in-

come for such taxable year, or

“(B) the excess (if any) of--

“(i) the adjusted gross income (as de-

fined in section 67(e)) for such taxable

year, over

“(ii) the dollar amount at which the

highest tax bracket in section 1(e) begins

for such taxable year.

“(b) THRESHOLD AMOUNT.--For purposes of this

chapter, the term `threshold amount' means--

“(1) in the case of a taxpayer making a joint

return under section 6013 or a surviving spouse (as

defined in section 2(a)), $250,000,

“(2) in the case of a married taxpayer (as de-

fined in section 7703) filing a separate return, 1/2 of

the dollar amount determined under paragraph (1),

and

“(3) in any other case, $200,000.

“(c) NET INVESTMENT INCOME.--For purposes of

this chapter--

“(1) IN GENERAL.--The term `net investment

income' means the excess (if any) of--

“(A) the sum of--

“(i) gross income from interest, divi-

dends, annuities, royalties, and rents, other

than such income which is derived in the

ordinary course of a trade or business not

described in paragraph (2),

“(ii) other gross income derived from

a trade or business described in paragraph

(2), and

“(iii) net gain (to the extent taken

into account in computing taxable income)

attributable to the disposition of property

other than property held in a trade or

business not described in paragraph (2),

over

“(B) the deductions allowed by this sub-

title which are properly allocable to such gross

income or net gain.

“(2) TRADES AND BUSINESSES TO WHICH TAX

APPLIES

.--A trade or business is described in this

paragraph if such trade or business is--

“(A) a passive activity (within the meaning

of section 469) with respect to the taxpayer, or

“(B) a trade or business of trading in fi-

nancial instruments or commodities (as defined

in section 475(e)(2)).

“(3) INCOME ON INVESTMENT OF WORKING

CAPITAL SUBJECT TO TAX

.--A rule similar to the

rule of section 469(e)(1)(B) shall apply for purposes

of this subsection.

“(4) EXCEPTION FOR CERTAIN ACTIVE INTER-

ESTS IN PARTNERSHIPS AND S CORPORATIONS

.--In

the case of a disposition of an interest in a partner-

ship or S corporation--

“(A) gain from such disposition shall be

taken into account under clause (iii) of para-

graph (1)(A) only to the extent of the net gain

which would be so taken into account by the

transferor if all property of the partnership or

S corporation were sold for fair market value

immediately before the disposition of such inter-

est, and

“(B) a rule similar to the rule of subpara-

graph (A) shall apply to a loss from such dis-

position.

“(5) EXCEPTION FOR DISTRIBUTIONS FROM

QUALIFIED PLANS

.--The term `net investment in-

come' shall not include any distribution from a plan

or arrangement described in section 401(a), 403(a),

403(b), 408, 408A, or 457(b).

“(6) SPECIAL RULE.--Net investment income

shall not include any item taken into account in de-

termining self-employment income for such taxable

year on which a tax is imposed by section 1401(b).

“(d) MODIFIED ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME.--For

purposes of this chapter, the term `modified adjusted gross

income' means adjusted gross income increased by the ex-

cess of--

“(1) the amount excluded from gross income

under section 911(a)(1), over

“(2) the amount of any deductions (taken into

account in computing adjusted gross income) or ex-

clusions disallowed under section 911(d)(6) with re-

spect to the amounts described in paragraph (1).

“(e) NONAPPLICATION OF SECTION.--This section

shall not apply to--

“(1) a nonresident alien, or

“(2) a trust all of the unexpired interests in

which are devoted to one or more of the purposes

described in section 170(c)(2)(B).”.

(2) ESTIMATED TAXES.--Section 6654 of the

Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended--

(A) in subsection (a), by striking “and the

tax under chapter 2” and inserting “the tax

under chapter 2, and the tax under chapter

2A”, and

(B) in subsection (f)--

(i) by striking “minus” at the end of

paragraph (2) and inserting “plus”, and

(ii) by redesignating paragraph (3) as

paragraph (4) and inserting after para-

graph (2) the following new paragraph:

“(3) the taxes imposed by chapter 2A, minus”.

(3) FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTARY MEDICAL IN-

SURANCE TRUST FUND

.--Section 1841(a) of such

Act (42 U.S.C. 1395t(a)) is amended by adding at

the end the following: “There are hereby appro-

priated to the Trust Fund, out of any moneys in the

Treasury not otherwise appropriated, amounts equiv-

alent to 100 per centum of the taxes imposed by

1411 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 with re-

spect to income described in such section and re-

ported to the Secretary of the Treasury or the Sec-

retary's delegate on tax returns under subtitle F of

such Code, as determined by the Secretary of the

Treasury by applying the applicable rate of tax

under such section to such income. The amounts ap-

propriated by the preceding sentence shall be trans-

ferred from time to time from the general fund of

the Treasury to the Trust Fund, such amounts to be

determined on the basis of estimates by the Sec-

retary of the Treasury of the taxes, specified in the

preceding sentence, paid to or deposited into the

Treasury; and proper adjustments shall be made in

amounts subsequently transferred to the extent prior

estimates were in excess of or were less than the

taxes specified in such sentence.”.

(4)

CLERICAL

AMENDMENT

.--The

table

of

chapters for subtitle A of chapter 1 of the Internal

Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by inserting after

the item relating to chapter 2 the following new

item:

“CHAPTER 2A--MEDICARE TAX”.

(5)

EFFECTIVE

DATES

.--The

amendments

made by this subsection shall apply to taxable years

beginning after December 31, 2012.

(b) EARNED INCOME.--

(1) THRESHOLD.--

(A)

FICA.--Paragraph

(2)

of

section

3101(b) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986,

as added by section 9015 of the Patient Protec-

tion and Affordable Care Act and amended by

section 10906 of such Act, is amended by strik-

ing “and” at the end of subparagraph (A), by

redesignating subparagraph (B) as subpara-

graph (C), and by inserting after subparagraph

(A) the following new subparagraph:

“(B) in the case of a married taxpayer (as

defined in section 7703) filing a separate re-

turn, 1/2 of the dollar amount determined under

subparagraph (A), and”.

(B) SECA.--Section 1401(b)(2) of the In-

ternal Revenue Code of 1986, as added by sec-

tion 9015 of the Patient Protection and Afford-

able Care Act and amended by section 10906 of

such Act, is amended--

(i) in subparagraph (A), by striking

“and” at the end of clause (i), by redesig-

nating clause (ii) as clause (iii), and by in-

serting after clause (i) the following new

clause:

“(ii) in the case of a married taxpayer

(as defined in section 7703) filing a sepa-

rate return, 1/2 of the dollar amount deter-

mined under clause (i), and”, and

(ii) in subparagraph (B), by striking

“under clauses (i) and (ii)” and inserting

“under clause (i), (ii), or (iii) (whichever is

applicable)”.

(2) ESTIMATED TAXES.--Section 6654 of the

Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by redes-

ignating subsection (m) as subsection (n) and by in-

serting after subsection (l) the following new sub-

section:

“(m) SPECIAL RULE FOR MEDICARE TAX.--For pur-

poses of this section, the tax imposed under section

3101(b)(2) (to the extent not withheld) shall be treated

as a tax imposed under chapter 2.”.

(3) EFFECTIVE DATE.--The amendments made

by this subsection shall apply with respect to remu-

neration received, and taxable years beginning after,

December 31, 2012.

SEC. 1403. DELAY OF LIMITATION ON HEALTH FLEXIBLE

SPENDING

ARRANGEMENTS

UNDER

CAFE-

TERIA PLANS.

(a) IN GENERAL.--Section 10902(b) of the Patient

Protection and Affordable Care Act is amended by strik-

ing “December 31, 2010” and inserting “December 31,

2012”.

(b) INFLATION ADJUSTMENT.--Paragraph (2) of sec-

tion 125(i) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as

added by section 9005 of the Patient Protection and Af-

fordable Care Act and amended by section 10902 of such

Act, is amended--

(1) in the matter preceding subparagraph (A),

by striking “December 31, 2011” and inserting

“December 31, 2013”, and

(2) in subparagraph (B), by striking “2010”

and inserting “2012”.

copied from the bill I read.

Wow, I am a CPA who spent 8 hours in class getting lectured on this bill by tax attorneys, and I am now at a loss as to what the issue of debate as morphed into here.

I am about to edit the thread title from UN Gun Treaty to ACA facts or fictions. That would keep people better informed of what the real topic has become.

You bet. I also realize that a business who doesn't adapt, improvise and overcome is dead as well. If I go with cheaper contractors, I won't deliver a good product. If I don't deliver a good product, I don't get new clients. If I don't continue to bring in new clients, I'm done.

I watched my parents build a multi-million dollar business from a $50,000 investment and a lot of hard work.vdad delivered pizzas for a year before he could just work at the company, and then he still paid his employees more than he paid himself. He retired a multi-millionaire and he always put his employees first.

As a business owner I know that my clients rely on the best that I can provide. I don't get that by putting myself or my profit margin first. I get hat by empowering my partners, contractors and employees.

If that means I make a few bucks less this year, but ensure the future prosperity of my business then so be it. I pay over 400 a month for just a high deductible plan for my wife and I. I also have an hsa so I can afford that deductible. Before ACA, we couldn't get insurance because of a pre-existing condition my wife has. Before I left and started my own business, I didn't have health care except for a small flex plan that got used
up every year by going to the dentist.

I've been on both sides of this. I've had bennies cut, salary cuts, etc,and the only thing it did was create a situation where I resented coming in to work. I wasn't as valuable as someone else's pocketbook. That's not right. Especially when you sacrifice and go way above and beyond your job statement.

The value of an employee is much more than their salary and benefits package. Treating people like a commodity rather than an asset is a great way to go out of business, and continue a cycle that places more value on profits than people.

Telling people you are cutting their compensation because you don't like the politics of something is horseshit. Saying that you're going to do it because it impacts your bottom line negatively is just as bad, and shows no real entrepreneurial spirit.

I don't disagree with your thoughtful response Ben...much better than the subsequent 'sux to be you' post.

I don't disagree with your thoughtful response Ben...much better than the subsequent 'sux to be you' post.

Been a rough day dealing with family health issues caused by an employer who disregarded OSHA and AEC guidelines. Apologies to all for the flippant post.

Are you over or under the 50 employee mark?

Josie, going to start with you since it's more fun, and easier to make you look foolish.

LMAO........ "not saying it right"...... That is some pretty much bullshit type of spin. your opinion. not sure why you think your opinion matters to me or anyone else? You clearly stated that it was on "any house you sell", and, Nemont skool'd you on your ignorance. And now, instead of telling him thanks, and sending him a check for the tuition, you mean like the ones you send me for the constant schooling I have given you? you have the audacity to call him out??? yes, called him out. why is that a problem? he wants to call me a liar or ignorant, and then writes the post he did? trying to read that was tough until he edited it. That ain't a "typo", never said I made a typo. nemont said he made a typo. but do find it interesting the way you run around telling everyone how ignorant they are because of the way they write or spell, but you never said a word to nemont. guessing since you feel inferior to him, you can't do it? or maybe you're afraid that he will start pointing out your ignorance? that is a completely ignorant statement you made. And, let's be honest, you still don't have a clue how it affects anybody. again, your opinion. if you had read the bill/law, you would know where I got my information. Spin away, spin away, and when you get done, you should send a tuition check to Nemont for the skoolin' you got. My guess is you have got more skoolin' in this thread than you have since 8th grade.... let us know when you get off your knees in front of nemont and having something important to say. because so far, you have not said anything relevant to anything. all you have done is try to ride nemonts coat tail.

In 5 years on Hunttalk, you have never learned how to use the quote function. That hurts to read.

Do you still think there is a 3.8% tax on any home sale, or did you learn from Nemont?

Wow, I am a CPA who spent 8 hours in class getting lectured on this bill by tax attorneys, and I am now at a loss as to what the issue of debate as morphed into here.

I am about to edit the thread title from UN Gun Treaty to ACA facts or fictions. That would keep people better informed of what the real topic has become.

Did you miss the part about me getting paid for keeping page views up until you start posting pictures of stuff you kill?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back