Ukraine / Russia

I understand what genius is. What I am not well communicating is that I do not see any evidence of genius. He has not invented any great technology, he is not a chess grandmaster, he has failed as president of his country in just about every way modern countries would evaluate that role. Where is he a genius? Xi Jinping may very well be one, but Putin is almost certainly not. So I try to distinguish his "power" gained by thuggery as not genius but fairly routine cruel sociopathy.
In the words of a great stateswoman, what difference does it make? The only reason it puts a bug up some people's ass is because Trump attributed it. I don't give a shit about how dumb Putin is...or isn't. I'm very concerned about his resolve.

This isn't playstation, there's a 40 mile long well supplied column leading into Kiev.

In the words of a great stateswoman, what difference does it make? The only reason it puts a bug up some people's ass is because Trump attributed it. I don't give a shit about how dumb Putin is...or isn't. I'm very concerned about his resolve.

This isn't playstation, there's a 40 mile long well supplied column leading into Kiev.
It matters when many in the political arena in western democracies find some kind of affinity for tyrants. Tyrants are buoyed by the flattery of their minions. All things being equal I prefer we point out the new czar's lack of clothes.

But yes - that does not change the unfortunate reality for the Ukrainian people.

It matters when many in the political arena in western democracies find some kind of affinity for tyrants. Tyrants are buoyed by the flattery of their minions. All things being equal I prefer we point out the new czar's lack of clothes.

But yes - that does not change the unfortunate reality for the Ukrainian people.
As are stale functionaries...we can do better.

It's as though Russia has forgotten the rag-tag poorly armed Afghanistan gang that drove them crazy for years, then drove them right out of the country. It was a costly lesson for Russia.
And Giffords / anti 2A pom pom advisors (just for you and your followers, SA ;) ) wonder why our right to bear arms exist... WHY we have Armalite with picatinny rails, etc.

U.S. is fat and we're full of ourselves. A loss of American pride from the proud, Theodore Roosevelt declaration days (see signature).

Our snowflake society is harming our legitimate history. People raising in our schools, criminal aliens granted bs asylum, etc... know nothing of our great American past. Our history, our ingenuity, our American pride that had car production lines voluntarily transition to building tanks, etc.
That doesn't exist anymore yet here we are... China has our sagging tea bags in their clutch, Russia invades Ukraine...

But hey, who gives a shit about proud Americans? Saying something as simple as "Proud Americans" almost sounds, Kalispell White Supremisist-ish... according to a few dipshits.
Hey though "pom pom" up for BHA brethren. ;)

We need an American to take leadership of this great nation once again. Another Reagan, Roosevelt... not Brandon's, Harris, Trumpster, nor Hillaries...

We need to restore American Pride or the Yen will be the world currency and the foreign infiltrated ownership of our corporations will not be there to support America.

Ukraine is a wake up, or should be... though those Giffords and advisors - let's regulate bb guns!

Haha!

God bless America.

Last edited:
This whole thing is concerning and should be to all Americans. Over the past several years, we have seen our country get further divided by those in charge. We are worried about which bathroom to use while the rest of the world is laughing at us. Now you have a tyrant that appears to be a loose canon, invade a country for no apparent reason other than to stroke his own ego. And when the rest of the world steps in, he threatens nuclear war (reading between the lines here). There are two ways to look at this. One, he's crazy enough to do it. Two, he wants the rest of the world to think he's crazy enough to do it. Either way, it should scare the crap out of all of us. Whether you agree with me or not, the leadership in this country has never been weaker. They are more interested in the border of Ukraine than our own southern border. They have labeled half of Americans as racist anarchists. The only way we change our own country is if we unite ourselves. But I fear the line is already been drawn in the sand. We could go back to being energy independent by reversing what's been put in place over the past 14 months. But instead, they are choosing to do nothing other than tell us that we need to be less dependent on all oil. There aren't electric vehicles available for all of us. The electrical grid in this country won't support the demand for all of us to have electric vehicles. So in the meantime we are to go bankrupt or stop living just so we can go to work or have some leisure release. Meanwhile, we are watching what could be the end of the world as all of us know it. God help us and the rest of the world.
Strange post for such a positively-tilted user name. Given this is the Money and Finance section of the site, I have a piece of advice. When you hear the news the missiles are on their way and the market falls 30%,50%,70%…buy. Buy with both hands and as much leverage as you can. Because if they don’t land, you will be rich. And if they do land, there won’t be anyone around to care that you can’t pay.

restore American Pride or the Yen will be the world currency
You're worried about the Japanese? Is Ronald Reagan the President?

If by chance your concern is with China, then the Yuan or Renminbi is the currency in question.

Maybe, while we're restoring American Pride, we can restore education as well.

As for all of your other assertions, yes, America is good. While we have lots of issues, we are the greatest force for freedom the world has ever seen and we must continue our quest, to Form a more perfect Union...

And Giffords / anti 2A pom pom advisors (just for you and your followers, SA ;) ) wonder why our right to bear arms exist... WHY we have Armalite with picatinny rails, etc.

U.S. is fat and we're full of ourselves. A loss of American pride from the proud, Theodore Roosevelt declaration days (see signature).

Our snowflake society is harming our legitimate history. People raising in our schools, criminal aliens granted bs asylum, etc... know nothing of our great American past. Our history, our ingenuity, our American pride that had car production lines voluntarily transition to building tanks, etc.
That doesn't exist anymore yet here we are... China has our sagging tea bags in their clutch, Russia invades Ukraine...

But hey, who gives a shit about proud Americans? Saying something as simple as "Proud Americans" almost sounds, Kalispell White Supremisist-ish... according to a few dipshits.
Hey though "pom pom" up for BHA brethren. ;)

We need an American to take leadership of this great nation once again. Another Reagan, Roosevelt... not Brandon's, Harris, Trumpster, nor Hillaries...

We need to restore American Pride or the Yen will be the world currency and the foreign infiltrated ownership of our corporations will not be there to support America.

Ukraine is a wake up, or should be... though those Giffords and advisors - let's regulate bb guns!

Haha!

God bless America.
1. To jump from my post to a political gun control rant is inexcusable, Sytes ... as well as a poorly contrived stretch.
2. I have no followers. My opinions, which you oft poorly misconstrue, are mine and rarely "followed" by others.
3. As a military veteran with thirty-some years of service and two trips to the combat zone ... don't preach to me about patriotism!
4. Either get back on topic or stand down!

Totally, which is why I said price per barrel over price of gas. Either or both? @VikingsGuy and @SAJ-99 have posted about how increases directly effect GDP. So the increased costs are felt in all kinds of ways, to that end think about the costs felt by folks during WWII, beyond the cost of life.

My point is are we as a nation willing to accept ‘war’ consequences.

All that being said, it’s more a cost born by Europeans as the US can ramp up production. My company for example is issuing dividends instead of drilling more wells and increasing production currently, we absolutely have the ability to 1.5 or maybe 2x our production by the end of the year if called upon.
Great post> what do you mean by if called upon. If the market is currently there why not? Who calls?

Just my opinion, but: The hand wringing in some political and media circles over lack of sanctions on Russian oil/gas is just an effort to make American people soften to the idea of more drilling on federal lands. Acting like the sanctions in place now are toothless without oil sanctions ignores the reality of what's already happening to Russia's economy with just the existing sanctions. Also ignores the fact that America and Allies want to make Putin stop what he's doing, not engage in an open-ended assault on the entire Russian nation and devastate the lives of their citizenry. That's all just like, my opinion man, but it seems fishy to me how desperate some seem to act on oil and gas sanctions so soon.
You're worried about the Japanese? Is Ronald Reagan the President?

If by chance your concern is with China, then the Yuan or Renminbi is the currency in question.

Maybe, while we're restoring American Pride, we can restore education as well.

As for all of your other assertions, yes, America is good. While we have lots of issues, we are the greatest force for freedom the world has ever seen and we must continue our quest, to Form a more perfect Union...
Listening to a international banking call right now. Guy just said safety currencies are US dollar and Japanese Yen.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back