Ukraine / Russia

Leaders like Putin have been the problem with Russia for a long time now... He's a chip of the old block... It's not 1932 anymore, bro. He needs to go, and soon.

Been praying for all involved and those who are going to suffer from this insanity... Ukraine has already suffered greatly in the last hundred years

Can someone fill me in one why we're allowing Russia to invade through Belarus and not impose sanctions on them as well?
ah, I guess I could have taken the 3 sec to google

I don't want to be in the prediction business, but this is something to watch. NATO has had patrol flights in the Black Sea for years. Seems Russia would test Turkey's resolve and ability to enforce the blockage pretty quickly. IF this escalates, it will probably be in an incident here.

The things I'm seeing now say the 40 mile caravan

- isn't that long end to end, there are gaps
- is dealing with some breakdowns and problems

Other side of the coin, really starting to look like the Leningrad comparison could be coming to fruition (hopefully not that awful) but something like a siege to isolate Kiev and eliminate supply lines into the city.

This will be, to quote the Ballad of Buster Scruggs, "what tells the tale" as a Ukrainian city under siege will provide a whole new level of suffering in the city.

The Western strategy of support and supply will be tested here too, and I expect more fervent demands from Western citizens for punitive action against Russia.

I do not know how this thing is supposed to end, wish there was am opportunity for mediation and a peaceful end to this conflict

Putin invaded Georgia in 2008
He took Crimea in 2014
He meddled in US elections in 2016
He has been testing the waters since he came to power. He poisons and/or locks up his opponents and rigs Russian elections. Every time the West did nothing and he got away with it. Some people even throw a little praise his way.

We have to do something. I will say it again, the price we pay today will be far smaller than the price in the future.
Meddled in the elections> Now I heard it all. Of course he did.

Had a really good conversation with my middle daughter about the conflict this morning. It’s crazy the enormity of potential consequences involved. Surprisingly, she wasn’t mortified when I bought up the fact I was surprised an assasination attempt hasn’t occurred. She also understood the danger of a power vacuum if one were to succeed

I told her that her generation may not need to worry about climate change impacts after all.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back