UFC Fans?

Yeah, I suppose. Wonder how some of them would do where there aren't any rules? Like I said, might have been a boring fight I watched. mtmuley

I would bet that any fighter, man or woman, in the UFC would make quick work of any of the tough guys from the local watering hole. The probably wouldnt knock their teeth out but would have them wrapped up like a pretzel until they cried like a little girl or broke whatever limb they had a hold of...

I had a few buddies who fought a some gyms with Uriah faber and the like. My friends always had the worst $*)Q!#@$ attitude. Tough guy cant get beat up, looking for fights at the bar kind of attitude. Good fighters with bad attitudes ruin it for me.

Most friends i have that love MMA are the same friends that I used to have to dodge right hooks or receive right hooks in a bar scrum with in my wilder days because one of my MMA loving friends started some shit and he is your buddy so it becomes your shit.

As for the sport I appreciate the incredible talent these guys have but its not my cup of tea.

I would bet that any fighter, man or woman, in the UFC would make quick work of any of the tough guys from the local watering hole. The probably wouldnt knock their teeth out but would have them wrapped up like a pretzel until they cried like a little girl or broke whatever limb they had a hold of...
Yeah probly. mtmuley

I've a few ex cage fighter buds...they did the tough guy bar act enough to have assault records...bounced from one sponsor to the next...got their asses kicked in the ring. Pretty much washed up jocks at mid thirties with few marketable career skills.

I don’t really follow it but I’d sure like to see Connor implode the bone structure of Jake Paul’s face. No reason not to give the guy what he wants.

@SFC B

Didn’t you say you did some boxing?
what happens if Jake Paul fights Amanda Nunes?
Idk anything about striking, but I would think that Nunes would tune him up.
I was surprised to here Joe Rogan say that he doesn’t feel the same way, but he also call a lot of people “elite wrestlers” who aren’t “elite wrestlers” IMO.

I sat next to Jonavin Webb in high-school homeroom for 4 years. Great wrestler in high school and one of the nicest soft spoken guys you'd meet. Still has a great attitude i believe he's had 2 ufc bouts now and years fighting at lower levels.

He now has his own gym in south jersey and seems to be more into coaching ufc fighters than trying to get back in the ring himself.

The sport is absolutely brutal and attracts tough guys for sure but there are also very disciplined individuals at the top of their craft.

The big difference in MMA bouts vs Boxing is if one gets knocked out or can no longer defend themselves in MMA the fight is called. In boxing one can get flat knocked out but if he can get back up and stand in 10 seconds he continues to fight with a likely head injury and that's were the big damage is done. That said anytime you get kicked in the head as hard as humanly possible there is potential for serious injury.

@SFC B

I was surprised to here Joe Rogan say that he doesn’t feel the same way, but he also call a lot of people “elite wrestlers” who aren’t “elite wrestlers” IMO.

That's going to happen?

@SFC B

I did box on my college team (I was the super middle weight champ-168#). I would say that in BOXING I would take a decent amateur (on up) male vs a female like her. A Golden Gloves fighter his weight class would destroy her. The difference in power is IMMENSE. Paul is a lot taller and heavier- not really sure about his actual skill.. In the Army we would do some combatives with females and I would say the best were maybe 50-60% of a comparable male.

Last edited:
Throw back to when Henry Cejudo called out a bunch of female fighters for their belts.... Napoleon complex...

Been watching since high school when I rented UFC 1 on vhs. I’ve probably watched 75% of every ufc event since then. There’s a lot going on that the casual viewer wouldn’t see or maybe even appreciate. The commentators tend to do a good job educating though.

My son has done bjj for almost 10 years now, including winning quite a few competitions, and observing those has given me a much better eye.

One thing I will say is that it really sucked when he turned 16 and could make me hate life real quick, even though I had 40lbs on him and am pretty fit. F-ing embarrassing. Today (he’s 22), I go to another room when he’s feeling his oats.

Ok so Askren might not be an “elite wrestler” anymore by today’s Olympic wrestling standards, but I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get what we want from this one.
But Ben’s always seemed like a nice guy so maybe he’ll take it easy on him?

Never understood MMA or whatever it is. I am also suprised they are allowed to continue to do fights like this, especially with how big concussions are in other sports; how do they get away with beating the living hell out of the other and not worried about future damage to their brains?
*Username Checks Out*

Knew some guys who were very adamant about the "realness" of the WWF!
Hulk Hogan, on a talk show, was asked if wrestling was real.
Per Hogan, a WWF match was, "...a choreographed event with a predetermined outcome."

I've watched a few UFC matches. They look plenty 'real' to me.

What irritates me is that some of those guys win a few bouts and suddenly, they become Billy Bada$$ and walk around with a "look-at-me!" attitude.

Oh well! I don't have to deal with them! LOL!

Ok so Askren might not be an “elite wrestler” anymore by today’s Olympic wrestling standards, but I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get what we want from this one.
But Ben’s always seemed like a nice guy so maybe he’ll take it easy on him?

Not a fan of askren. Don't think he's that great of a fighter really.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back