Typical Day as a Warden

A stock/horse trailer(?) converted to the Gator mobile... Change of scenery for WY.

He's in VA, so slightly more gator appropriate.
Was it a pet? Use to be few along dismal swamp allegedly, but expect this time of year they would be in den i think. I never seen one but wouldnt completely surprise me, dont miss that place!

Was it a pet? Use to be few along dismal swamp allegedly, but expect this time of year they would be in den i think. I never seen one but wouldnt completely surprise me, dont miss that place!
Yeah, a pet. They are in the dismal swamp, at least when I worked there one summer long ago. Not many though.

That’s crazy that’s a big one to have as a pet I’m remember years ago someone here had one an got sick of it let it go in a park then got caught it was about 2ft

Apparently it used to be a thing to buy and ship baby gators as pets in little perforated boxes. My uncles had one that some great aunt sent from a vacation in Florida. My mom says they kept in it the bathtub and fed it chicken scraps. And finally got rid of it when it was ~3' when it chased my grandma through the house hissing.

I helped a Conservation officer confiscate one when I lived in Se Iowa. They kept it in a small pond about 1/5 acre in the summer. In the winter it was moved into the basement.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back