Turns out the Freak was really just a pussy...

William Christy

He was only hiding from his mean old cousin, a much larger and equally unique pronghorn buck, the Lobster.

The Lobster was out playing yesterday with a couple of his friends and I managed to catch him long enough to get some video. I don't know, but it doesn't seem normal for a buck to have gigantic horns by April, maybe they're still growing. Anyhow, I'll put a picture up in a week or two, when I pull it off the video I took.

That's awesome that you got video already. It'll be neat to see how much he grows in the next couple of months. Bucks in Arizona already have their prongs well out of their heads while bucks in New Mexico are still really short. At least from my observations. How high up do you think the prongs are (where they form a V with the horn) on "Lobster"? Can't wait to see the pics!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-24-2003 12:10: Message edited by: Omen ]</font>

Just the name "The Lobster" gives me a good image of what the horns look like with some huge prongs.
biggrin.gif

His prongs are about level with ears. I saw a couple other bucks with awesome tops, prongs, and mass, but thier prongs were low still, and I'm assuming that is what is left to grow. I'm pretty certain I seen 2 others that will net over 82 if they grow down low a little bit more. Unfortunately, both of them are on places that are leased.

You think this one's already done growing, or will he still grow a little? I thought they grew until about June. If he does... wow.

This buck is really wide and his tops are heavy and curl back in. Looks like the pinchers on a lobster.

The goats around here still have some growing to do. I am guessing we will be hearing more about "Lobster" as he continues to grow.
smile.gif

Was it difficult to locate him without a pair of $30 binos? Oh, oh, haha, I kill me.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Greenhorn,
"The Lobster" should do like the rest of 'em and grow right up until the rut. If his prongs are already ear-high then he's gonna be a long buck (provided his tops aren't short).

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back