Tuesday Fishing photos?

When my kids were young, I did fish taxidermy, mostly as a hobby (having been taught by Lucky Mike's dad). My daughter used to like to play "fish doctor" in my shop and was not afraid to get her hands dirty. While she did not grow up to pursue a career in biology like her mom and dad (she is a senior at MSU), she has always been an outdoors person and still wets a line on occasion.

Attachments

• fishdoc1.jpg
    fishdoc1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 408
  • P1010772_crop.jpg
    P1010772_crop.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 408
Best large mouth - Senko

Best small mouth - Wooly Bugger

Best rainbow - Sheep Creek

Best wiper - jointed Rapala

My spouse and I coaxed this man eater to bite while on a camping trip over Labor Day weekend 2013. I told her (in jest) we would quit after one 30 plus pounder. Unfortunately (for me) we fished 40 minutes before hooking (and jointly landing) this one.

Attachments

• P1030163.jpg
    P1030163.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 402
Great thread.

Here are a few from this ice year. Hopefully some more this weekend.

None of these were taken via spear, but I couldn't figure out the handles, slime and remote.:)

Straits of Juan de Fuca Salmon. My Dads fish was a nice 31 lb. King.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 180
photo.php

A few from last fall. My grandson's first fly fishing trip. For my grandkids 16th birthday I build them a fly rod and fly them in for a few days of fishing with me. They may or may not get hooked on fishing with a fly rod but they will always have a custom made rod and the memories of some great days in the field with their granddad that will last forever.

Attachments

• Brown1a.jpg
    Brown1a.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Brown3.jpg
    Brown3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 112
  • photo 2c.jpg
    photo 2c.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Heiner1.jpg
    Heiner1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 115
bdidaho, those are some great brownies. Being a farmer I really like that third photo, if I had a pivot that bordered a trout stream I know where the tractor would ALWAYS be parked. That last one really makes me homesick, we used to farm at the end of Owyhee canyon.

bdidaho, those are some great brownies. Being a farmer I really like that third photo, if I had a pivot that bordered a trout stream I know where the tractor would ALWAYS be parked. That last one really makes me homesick, we used to farm at the end of Owyhee canyon.
The Owyhee is a special place indeed.

My wife and middle son with a walleye from Missouri River near Platte, SD. She reeled, he netted and held the fish.

Attachments

• 0607131612.jpg
    0607131612.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 59
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back