Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Trump trying to take away OUR sheep tags!

I'm surprised he didn't just buy the auction tag this year, it went for a measly $90,000.

I would buy all the Colorado auction tags and hire Dinkshooter to guide and fetch....and also hire Oak to supervise Dink and write the hunt story.

..almost forgot the most important part; hiring Jose to supervise the field pics and stir the stew.

Last edited:
Thats funny and cool that he is applying for public hunts. More of a question for me is how many points does he have built up across the country for different hunts. If I had his kind of money I'd have points building anywhere and everywhere I was even remotely interested in hunting. I put in for several myself as it is that I just consider a donation to wildlife due to the difficulty to draw and fairly cheap to put your name in the hat.

You, me and every other person on this board(no matter what their rear end says).

This kind of points out the scamsters that the Trump-clan are.

If there Daddy was really a Billionaire, and the Trump kid was a avid hunter, and, he was good friends with Don Peay, the Trump kid would be buying up auction tags, putting all that precious $$$$ on the ground to improve habitat, and enjoying some great hunting opportunities.

Given that he isn't able to competitively bid on the auction tags, it is likely the Trump-klan doesn't have near the wealth they lead People Magazine and National Enquirerer voters to believe.

Maybe he wants to do his hunts like any other do-it-yourself hunter. I know I would, even if I had all his money. Sure I'd do a guided hunt now and then but I'd also want to apply for the premium hunts that everyone else does.

He did go on a sheep hunt in Alaska. I bet that wasn't cheap.

This is the one that always gets me.

Yet the nominee has also refused to release his tax returns, which would tell the public exactly how much money he has.

I've never seen anything on an "income" tax return that discloses how much money someone has. It will show whether he made or lost money in that particular year, but not what a person is worth.

Everything I've read would indicate that Trump isn't worth as much as he claims (He claims he is worth $10 billion). The numbers I've seen are 3.7 - 4.5 billion from various 3rd parties like Forbes who ranks the worlds wealthiest people.

I'm sure a LOT of those assets are tied up in real estate and he is not sitting around on billions in liquid assets, but I would think he could afford to bid on an auction tag if he wanted to.

Maybe Trump Jr. opposes auction tags and thinks he should stick to the regular draw like the rest of us?

Maybe Washington Hunter can ask him next time they talk. ;)

I would buy all the Colorado auction tags and hire Dinkshooter to guide and fetch....and also hire Oak to supervise Dink and write the hunt story.

..almost forgot the most important part; hiring Jose to supervise the field pics and stir the stew.

WOW! That's the funniest thing I've read for a while.

You know, come to think of it, that list including Don Trump JR. on the "unsuccessful" tag applicants is Exhibit A in the North American Model. Everyone, billionaire to bus driver, got the just about same chance to hunt those sheep. By gosh, that's how it should be. It's never perfectly even. Jr can afford to apply for more tags then most of us. But it's a darn sight better than most places in the world or over history.

Im impressed that trump jr, at least in some ways,applies for tags just the same as us "normal people"...every year I always get on the Nevada "unsuccessful list" too.thats not taking our tags,,,but goes to show that he puts in like a normal d. I. y. guy would,,hats off to him for that.thats respectable in my book.

I'm not saying he didn't fill out his own application like the most of us did, but you guys do know that there are services out there (hunting fool, go hunt) that you just give them a wad of cash and your credit card information and they apply for you and let you know if you draw anything they put you in for. I wouldn't plan on sending him a PM asking about what units he applied for or anything like that, he probably doesn't even know.

he may or may not be having a "tag service" place do this for him ,,but at least its applying in the same fashion as us "normal folks" do.

This is the one that always gets me.

I've never seen anything on an "income" tax return that discloses how much money someone has. It will show whether he made or lost money in that particular year, but not what a person is worth.

Everything I've read would indicate that Trump isn't worth as much as he claims (He claims he is worth $10 billion). The numbers I've seen are 3.7 - 4.5 billion from various 3rd parties like Forbes who ranks the worlds wealthiest people.

I'm sure a LOT of those assets are tied up in real estate and he is not sitting around on billions in liquid assets, but I would think he could afford to bid on an auction tag if he wanted to.

Maybe Trump Jr. opposes auction tags and thinks he should stick to the regular draw like the rest of us?

Maybe Washington Hunter can ask him next time they talk. ;)

The reason he did not releases his taxes was that it would show he wasn't worth enough to help Don JR buy auction tags.

His tax returns would show enough data that I could tell you if he was with $10 billion or $100 million (more likely). His tax returns would show his interest and dividend income, so you could make some calculations. His business is all in separate LLCs, that he would have a schedule from on each one, showing assets. He would have a Schedule B for all his stock transactions, that he is now claiming were sold in July.

We could determine his net worth with tax returns.

Maybe he wants to do his hunts like any other do-it-yourself hunter. I know I would, even if I had all his money. Sure I'd do a guided hunt now and then but I'd also want to apply for the premium hunts that everyone else does.

He did go on a sheep hunt in Alaska. I bet that wasn't cheap.

Applying for a tag has nothing to do with DIY. Quite possible he had a guide service do it for him, if he drew, it would be a guided hunt. Nothing in this thread indicates any DIY efforts on his part.

If, some year in the past, or in the future, it turns out Don JR is buying auction tags, will you still worship him as a hunting idol?

He's a hunter, that's all I care about. I don't care if he hunts do it yourself, guided, auction tags, landowner tags, private land, public land, who cares. I'd only judge him negatively if he was doing high fence hunts. Someone resorts to that, and I lose all respect.

I know that he's enough of a hunter that he reloads and gets on the Long Range Hunting forum and asks questions about scopes, rifles, cartridges, reloading, etc. It's obvious he's passionate about hunting. Someone just like me. What's not to like?

However, I don't worship him and he's not my idol.

Last edited:
Applying for a tag has nothing to do with DIY. Quite possible he had a guide service do it for him, if he drew, it would be a guided hunt. Nothing in this thread indicates any DIY efforts on his part.

If, some year in the past, or in the future, it turns out Don JR is buying auction tags, will you still worship him as a hunting idol?
Didn't know the simple fact that some applied for a tag could piss someone off this bad.. Who cares if a service applied for the tag? Thousands of guys use various services to apply for tags

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back