Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Trump administration renews mining leases near Minnesota wilderness area

ethically judgemental dynamics

Wow. You just gave me something to complicate - oops, contemplate - as I chase my grif through the willows and hawthorn this afternoon:D

Come on , BHR, produce.
If no field pics exist, a photo of a freezer full of wrapped meat will do. However, legible markings indicating ELK and 2017 are the minimal requirements.

Thank you for the cynical reply. I, for one enjoy, sarcasm - thick skin over an even thicker skull.
Think I'll try to eradicate some of the last living public land roosters in SW MT today...................

Yes that was a cynical reply. Too be honest, I saw or heard elk ALMOST every time I was out, and only saw one other hunter in the field other than those I was with. The gloom and doom, sky is falling stuff wears on me at times. Guess I need thicker skin.

This thread showed some real promise and offered some education for a while. Thanks to you guys who gave some real facts and information to increase my understanding of current mining practices.

I wish I was able to compete in the "whose is bigger?" contest.

Perhaps I need to read closer. My bad if so. I really just wanted an excuse to post a picture of my bull. :)

I am enjoying the information shared by the Dude Abides, and Ivan. I'd like to be convinced the impending mines going into my backyard in country I love won't end up to be another ecological disaster.

Perhaps I need to read closer. My bad if so. I really just wanted an excuse to post a picture of my bull. :)

I am enjoying the information shared by the Dude Abides, and Ivan. I'd like to be convinced the impending mines going into my backyard in country I love won't end up to be another ecological disaster.

Gerald can you name an active mine that is an ecological disaster?

Last edited:
375 H&H, Libby Montana and the W.R.Grace vermiculite mine is just about 60 miles up the road. It doesn't meet your criteria of being an active mine since it was shut down years ago. It was what I would term an ecological disaster.

The mine I am currently concerned about calls for an underground mine shaft under a wilderness area to access the main ore body beneath the lake in my picture. Supposedly, having tunnels under this lake is not cause for concern that the lake might be drained. Not to mention that the canyon where trucks will be hauling the ore out of is one of the main areas of concentration during the spring and breeding season for significant numbers of the estimated 40-50 grizzly bears in the Cabinet-Yaak population.

I don't know if I'm anti-mining. Definitely concerned and an admitted NIMBY.

Attachments

• Rick Farthing's Goat Hunt (32).jpg
    Rick Farthing's Goat Hunt (32).jpg
    442 KB · Views: 112
The Mystic Lake facility is certainly a great model of construction success in harnessing efficient clean hydroelectric power in a challenging and seemingly unlikely place. Over the decades the evolution of the facility has provided for increased electricity and many good jobs for Martel Construction of Bozeman and others.

Call me a NIMBY or a dinosaur stuck in the desire to preserve the really incredible natural places on earth ... but I would have opposed this East Rosebud dam had I been around in the 1920's just as I futilely opposed the development of Big Sky four decades later. Perhaps naively, but nonetheless still persistent, my attitude toward preserving special natural places does not ignore the need for energy, oil, minerals and other such products of resource extraction. I would merely prefer it be done in less beautiful naturally pristine places.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back