Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Truck tires

Wapiti Warrior

I am trying to decide what tires to buy for my ford F-350 diesel? I have Yokohama on it now. I use this truck to haul my camper and boat, plus I hunt out of it. so I need a tire that is good with heavy loads but also can go off road. Any one want to share what tires they like?

Thanks,
John

Wife and I have been "dedicated customers" to Les Schwab for a good long while. About6 months ago my wife purchased her 17" car tires and mt 20" truck tires.
I think we both ended up with some Toyo brand. Warranty has always been honored through Les without issue - just make sure your checking in for rotations etc.
I pulled the old, "Costco has tires for this much, you get close to that price and I'll keep my money with my local favorite tire company.." Thus far it has worked though shelling out 1250 for mine and 950 for my wife still hurts.

Good tires overall. No complaints here. I don't know mch about Toyo though knowing the warranty is backed seemed pretty darn good.

I put the hankook dynapro on my 08 dodge 2500 cummins and am really liking them . They are wearing real well after around 15,000 miles they seemed to wear the first 1/3 pretty quick but i read they would. they are a 10ply in the size i got 295/70/17 which was a P.I.A to find even in a 285. I did have to use my road hazard on one due to a big slice down the side wall of one but even though it went to the cord the tire held air and got me back home. We were elk hunting in the snow and the road to and from camp was muddy must of been a rock sticking out of the wall of the rut .

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...true&cf=false&rd=17&sw=false&rc=WYOINT&cs=285

I run the Hankook Dynapro Mt as well. (315 75 16) 25k on mine, and still look almost new. Great in the snow, crap in the mud we have. Quiet on the highway, run out true. No flats or issues yet with mine

Have Michelin LTX I believe on my Dodge 3500. I was surpised how well they did in mud and snow on a mid december elk hunt. They will sling mud when needed, good traction in the snow, and great milage. I have always had all terrain or agressive mud tires in the past but will stay with these. They are twice the milage the other treads are and perform almost as well off road. They handle loads really well too.

I have the Goodyear ATSs on my F250. Good tires. Good off road, good wear (I have 48K on them now). Are they the best off road tire? No. Are they the best road tire? No. But they do a good job at each job. My next tire will be the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KOs. Had them on my last F250 and was really impressed, although they are a mite more aggressive that the ATSs.

I run Toyo M-55s on my trucks for years. There is no other tire I would buy. I get about 50,000 miles on them and have never had one go flat. I put a set on my jeep wrangler two years ago and i can get up my driveway with out putting in in 4 wheel drive all winter. Before I had to put it in 4 wheel drive as soon as I left the county road. There great in Mud, Snow and Highway.

I've had toyo tires from les schwab and really liked them on my car...got a lot of miles and really good wear. My dad had toyos on his pickup (chevy 1/2 ton) and didn't get good wear or a lot of miles. He won't use them again but likes a lot of the other Les Schwab tires. Not sure what type he is using now. One caution with Les Schwab...make sure they do a manual check on your lug nuts...I have had a tire just about come off on the highway in a 1968 Ford Bronco (quite a few years ago) and a neighbor just had it happen a couple months ago both were done at Les Schwab. If they do a manual check, I've never had a problem. Their warranty is like no other, they have fixed flats and rotated tires bought at other places (when I bought the car it had tires from costco and they rotated them and fixed the flats for no charge). Plus they have free popcorn and popsickles while you wait...:)

had the michelins described above on the dodge 3/4 ton diesel to start. 70000 miles on the original set. replaced them with the same, and only got 40000 miles on the next ones. went with a firestone transforce AT this time. so far, so good. was worried about the noise from the tread design, but they are quiet.

I just put on Toyo HT Tuff Duties on my F350 and love them. In your situation, with more off roading, I would go to a Toyo M-55. They are the go to tire for loggers in my area and have a bullet proof reputation. They are pricey though.

I realized I wasnt clear on my Goodyear Wrangler ATSs. I have 48,000 on them now and still have life left in them. I am guessing 60-70,000 miles will wear them out on the F250.

I had such a good experience with Nitto tires on my wife's truck, I put them on mine as well. I'll keep buying Nitto as long as they keep performing for me.

bfd mud ta's on my dodge work great and are usa made to boot,35 k is about all youll get out them for milage though,{aggressive pattern} great for snow and mud

Like Sytes, I have pretty much always gone with Schwab. They always seem to be in the areas we travel.
Current set on my wife's Tahoe is Michelin from Costco, but only due to a last minute disaster so we ran by just about closing time. I will say they are really wearing well, but she is real good about having them rotated when she goes to Costco to spend $$$.

E rated BFG All Terrain. I usually get about 55-60,000 on my Dodge 3/4 diesel. Have had numerous sets on a couple different 3/4 tons while towing. They tow great and are good off road, unless you are in mud a lot. Never had a flat on the dirt. Pretty quiet too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back