Caribou Gear Tarp

Truck Guns

EOregonian

I am interested in everyone's truck gun for running around or if guys do. For a 10 years now mine is a Remington 799 7.62x39 not great cartridge after 150-200 yards but when I am cruising around it is good for everything from coyotes to bears since Oregon you better have a cougar/bear tag at all times. Prior to that I always had my sporterized Mauser 96 in 6.5 a much better cartridge for anything. Or if anyone still runs around with a truck gun.

Sig .40 P229 or Smith .357 for console always....sometimes the Mossberg 590 A1 or AR

Indian Ishapore Lee-Enfield in .308 converted to Scout rifle configuration. Ugly as a mud fence but short, light and handy with 10 rounds in the magazine and another 10 in a butt cuff.

Mossberg MVP .223/556 16" Barrel. Quick handling, accurate enough to hit a bear in the eye at 200 yards. Its my go to scouting rifle. Trusty little gun is with me wherever I go all spring and summer (Truck/ATV/On foot). It has proven to be a Coyote machine. Since I have owned it, it seems to be the most used rifle I have.

I always mean to get a gun rack setup for my tractor and get me a "tractor gun". It seems like animals can ignore a tractor better than just about anything. Coyotes, deer, etc.

They don't even run off when the tractor stops because you start and stop pretty regularly anyway on a tractor. Same coyote that will turn and run flat out if it sees a truck will wander behind the tractor while I'm mowing or tilling weeds hoping for a mouse or other rodent to come out.

I always mean to get a gun rack setup for my tractor and get me a "tractor gun". It seems like animals can ignore a tractor better than just about anything. Coyotes, deer, etc.

They don't even run off when the tractor stops because you start and stop pretty regularly anyway on a tractor. Same coyote that will turn and run flat out if it sees a truck will wander behind the tractor while I'm mowing or tilling weeds hoping for a mouse or other rodent to come out.

Tractors can make great.pronghorn blinds as well :)

I've got buddies that keep guns in their combines too.

My favorite is they say when one catches fire to drive it where you want the blind to be for the rest of the fall.

My 94 is to keep them outside pistol range...then the Taurus 9mm w/17 rd mag & extra come in.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back