Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Truck Camping Elk Hunt must have Food.

Mountain House Turkey tetrazini is pretty good . The asparagus they use in must be real because it makes your pee smell just like it would had you eaten fresh asparagus.

Have you tried the Peak dinners....... chicken Alfredo is on another level.

Those meals have many benefits, taste great, use less water than most, also take less fuel to cook. Triple advantage
After this thread I will be trying Peak dinners in the near future

For a 4 night trip, I’d make and freeze meals before hand, then heat them up. Chili and gumbo would be great.

After this thread I will be trying Peak dinners in the near future
Definitely worth the $2 price difference... also they actually have a reasonable amount of calories compared to some of the MH, I swear I had a MH that only had 370 for the entire bag.

Even though its car camping we usually try to keep our mornings as dish-less and quick as possible. This year I premade breakfast burritos which kept us full for longer then expected and wrapped them in foil so they only took a minute or two to heat up in the foil(eggs, egg whites, turkey sausage, cheese, green chilis) along with instant black rifle coffee. Basic meat, cheese, and bread sandwiches you can never go wrong with especially with good bread. Individual kids/fun size snack bags of Doritos, chips, etc so everyone isn't sticking their grimey hands in the bag, pop tarts, more candy then seems necessary, especially Pearson's Mints not York Peppermint patties, and good beer. We usually save the skillets or real cooking if we get a grouse or brook trout or something like that. But, we are generally to busy trying to plan for our next day or pretty tired from the days hunt where we try to keep it as simple as possible.

Sometimes I order a big pizza during the drive and keep some of the leftovers for the first few days as well.

Back