Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Truck bed camp.

Nice work. I contemplated a system like that for years, but it seemed to restrictive for how I wanted to roll. You going to put a little buddy heater in there?

Nice work. I contemplated a system like that for years, but it seemed to restrictive for how I wanted to roll. You going to put a little buddy heater in there?
It breaks down really quick. The ends are tied in with four carriage bolts and wing nuts, plus the top has three pinned hinges. Unscrew the wing nuts, knock out the hinges pins and the whole box is apart.

That’s how I have mine as well, less the hard top. I went with a soft top so I can remove it when I need the bed space. Then I attach it to an SUV tent so I have a place to dry clothes. It’s the perfect pro strat for truck camping.

I’ve got a question for you all. How many spiders have you had get into your truck bed with one of these toppers on?

The reason being my wife and I for years have been talking about getting a camper set up for our next vehicle. She really wants a camper van, something that is all self contained and seals up tight.
I want a pickup with one of these cabover toppers. It seems way more versatile, as we can still use the truck bed for daily uses or take it off if we need to haul large items, plus the truck will have greater ground clearance than a van, which will be a boon on these logging roads.

Her main objection? “Spiders will get in, and I’ll wake up covered in them” (I should note she has a VERY strong, deep rooted fear of spiders, and they seem to always crawl on her. Can’t say why, they leave me alone, but no kidding it’s like they seek her out to perch on).

I’m pretty sure any modern truck bed with a topper will seal up tight enough to keep out all but the most determined spiders, but I’ll let you all tell me.

So, what’s your experience been on that?

I’ve got a question for you all. How many spiders have you had get into your truck bed with one of these toppers on?

The reason being my wife and I for years have been talking about getting a camper set up for our next vehicle. She really wants a camper van, something that is all self contained and seals up tight.
I want a pickup with one of these cabover toppers. It seems way more versatile, as we can still use the truck bed for daily uses or take it off if we need to haul large items, plus the truck will have greater ground clearance than a van, which will be a boon on these logging roads.

Her main objection? “Spiders will get in, and I’ll wake up covered in them” (I should note she has a VERY strong, deep rooted fear of spiders, and they seem to always crawl on her. Can’t say why, they leave me alone, but no kidding it’s like they seek her out to perch on).

I’m pretty sure any modern truck bed with a topper will seal up tight enough to keep out all but the most determined spiders, but I’ll let you all tell me.

So, what’s your experience been on that?

Haven’t seen many spiders but I did have some mice in there at one point.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back