Trophy Trout

photofin

Time to hit the icy trout waters of MT. I have to prepare myself for the lunkers to come in AK this spring with OYOA. Headed out for 3 days and will update you if I capture any decent photos...planning on using the underwater camera....I say that now, but once I stick my hands, arms, and face into the 39 degree water I may think otherwise.

Here are a few pics from last year.....feel free to post your fav. trout photos as well....I know some think it is a hob-knob sport, but trust me it's not.

Attachments

• troutoyoa (1).jpg
    troutoyoa (1).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 358
  • troutoyoa (2).jpg
    troutoyoa (2).jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 357
  • troutoyoa (3).jpg
    troutoyoa (3).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 355
  • troutoyoa.jpg
    troutoyoa.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 357
I thought it was a trophy trout

Troy:

I wish I could take pictures like you!

There were several of your photos showing on a screen at the Colorado Tent booth during the RMEF Elk Camp. It was a great display.

I don't want to screw up your thread by showing a salmon but I love showing pictures of my family and we were targeting trout when we caught this fish.

While trout fishing with some lighter tackle my youngest son Logan hooked into what we thought was a trophy trout. We could not see the fish and it came to the boat pretty easily so we just thought it was a good sized rainbow that didn't want to jump. That all changed once the fish saw the boat and the fight was on. It took close to 1/2 an hour and there was smoke coming off the reel by the time we got him in the boat.

We let all the trout go that day but this dude went in the cooler.

He was 10 at the time and the picture with the lure is now mounted in a shadow box in his room.

Attachments

• Logans salmon 1.jpg
    Logans salmon 1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 287
This is about the only trout pic I have from the last couple of years. Took me 4, 10 hour one way drives to finally land a steelhead.

Picture096.jpg

Here's the complete 2.5 day take
Picture104.jpg

Idaho rainbows

I went into shoulder surgery with the expectations of shooting my bow in 2 months and came out being told it would be 6 months! So I am 6 weeks into a 6 month rehab with not much else to do but read your posts. I am not the hunter most of you are but plan to do more bowhunting in the future, but I do fish, flyfishing mainly. I thought I'd post some fish from the western part of Idaho.It doesn't get the attention the eastern part of the state but it can have it's moments.

Attachments

• Billingsley 018.jpg
    Billingsley 018.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Billingsly 016.jpg
    Billingsly 016.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 193
Uhh,photofin,you are behind the eight ball and already missed two and a half months of good fishing.We are getting into the fair weather fishing now.Fished last Friday on the Madision in a snow storm,fish going crazy,then the sun came out.....fish went bye-bye, and all the drift boat studs showed up.hehe

photofin: As always nice photos! I hate to admit it ;) for all the crap you give me on the hunts.

Scott: That's an awesome picture and thanks for showing us the family!

bdidaho: I feel your pain. I just completed week number 5 after my shoulder surgery as well. This is number 3 for me so I know how long it is to recover. Was hoping to try and archery bear hunt but now I'm just hoping to get out and maybe shoot the gun at one. Great photos by the way.

Man you have to love the northfork of the clearwater!!! Congrats!!

Just think what it might be like without that giant hunk of concrete in the background.

bdidaho: South fork of the boise by chance?

TheTone-----The second fish is a SF fish. The South Fork canyon is one of my favorite places;
perfect mix of whitewater and fishing in my opinion. The river above Danskin has too many people for me on most days. Have you fished it much?

icb12-Alaska?

Last edited:
Never have fished the Boise area, I have some friends that have fished the South fork of the boise and did very well on above average sized fish. For now I'm stuck fishing crowded east Idaho waters and the Clearwater basin when I make it up there.

update

Here are a few updates from our trip.....great postings and comments from other trips...I know I am missing out on epic fishing every time I'm sitting in front of this thing..this is the time of the year to get out before the crowds.

WE had a blast as always on this trip!

Attachments

• fishingoyoa 6.jpg
    fishingoyoa 6.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 131
  • fishingoyoa 5.jpg
    fishingoyoa 5.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 134
  • fishingoyoa 4.jpg
    fishingoyoa 4.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 137
  • fishingoyoa 3.jpg
    fishingoyoa 3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 136
  • fishingoyoa 2.jpg
    fishingoyoa 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 136
  • fishingoyoa 1.jpg
    fishingoyoa 1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 135
Holy crap photofin, you've got some talent.
Not a trout, but my favorite fish picture.

Attachments

• fuse4.jpg
    fuse4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 133
A few more fish pictures

My oldest son with an Owyhee river rainbow and my wife with her first brown.

Attachments

• HPIM1046.jpg
    HPIM1046.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 96
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members