Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Trekking Poles

Black Diamond usually has some on sale from previous seasons. I have the Trail Back model and have been happy with them.

one random reason to not get fixed length/folding

my singleman ultralight tarptent is designed to be held up with a trekking pole, need non folding and variable length for that

it's also a very lightweight option to always have in you pack if you end up needing to sleep next to a dead animal

Whatever the guy at REI recommends has been pretty good for me. Just tell them your carrying heavy loads off trail...

I would just recommend having a pair in general as they are so useful for any type of hiking/backcountry hunting. It seems more people are moving towards using them now.

I appreciate all the feedback.

I think I am going with the Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork.

My flatlander legs are going to need all the help they can get.

I have had the best luck with the cheaper Black Diamond aluminum flip locks. I think they are called the "Trail" model or something. I break the spendy carbon poles way too fast. Maybe I'm just clumsy...

I just bought black diamond trail explorer 3s and they withstood their first trip well this past weekend into the Frank. Not cheap, but not crazy expensive.

I don't have much experience with Trekking poles but i bought the Leki corklite per Randy's videos. Love them. But while climbing in Wyoming going after an elk i bent one. So i decided to buy another model of Leki. The corklite is out of production i think because i had a hard time finding them. So i bought this other model. Not a good choice. The pole itself was fine, but on the top of the handle was a metal cap and i tell you what, when going down hill it would always slip out of my palms. Made me not rely on them like i'm used to. Ended up buying another set of corklite's and put these others away for a spare.

I have used the folding the Helinox folding poles for long distance running for years. They’re always in my hunting pack if I’m not using them, and they come out when my pack is stuffed with meat.

I had easton and they were great and super super solid. I lost them on an elk hunt in wyoming this year and bought a cheaper pair on camofire when I return home. Total waste of money> not as solid and the one pole a small nut fell off and now I need to replace the hardware to use it. My Easton poles were over 10 years old and never an issue and solid.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back