Caribou Gear Tarp

Tree removal price

Had 5 acres of buckthorn jungle forestry mulched a year ago, much of it was on a fairly steep hill for the equipment used. Took 1 guy in a skidsteer with mulcher 2 full days and was $7k. The first quote i got was $15k!
Probably the difference between the guy owning the machine and renting one.

Probably the difference between the guy owning the machine and renting one.

I think they both owned equipment but that would have made sense based on the rental quotes i got when thinking i would do it myself. I figured I'd be $5k just in rental costs plus my time and considerable risk of damage expenses with all the boulders around. Said to hell with that and figured someone who owned the equip might do it for close to the same price.

The expensive one was a bigger operation that probably had a lot more overhead and wanted to bring in both a big ass gyrotrack mulcher and a skidsteer w/ mulcher plus a 3rd ground guy to get the rocks spotted. Said it would take a couple days. Spent a lot of time hyping his equipment and how tough the job was and tried to convince me i'd be stupid to rent equip and self perform. Guy I hired seemed like a 1 man show and just showed up with his skidsteer and knocked it out.

Last edited:
3k for two 120 footers using a crane. Circa 2021. They took away some massive logs I'd imagine to repurpose and make money on

3k for two 120 footers using a crane. Circa 2021. They took away some massive logs I'd imagine to repurpose and make money on
They must have owned their own crane or like you said made money off the wood. Crane costs are around 2-3k a day here v6 in Denver

They must have owned their own crane or like you said made money off the wood. Crane costs are around 2-3k a day here v6 in Denver
My neighbor was supposed to go in on it to remove an equally as tall pine, but they quoted him at 2k and he backed out. He wishes he did at that price but he had a wedding to pay for.

2k for a thirty foot mexican palm....son and I did it for the price of a Husqvarna and some accessories. It was a tough job. Had to work hard to cut things down to a size we could deal with....4 trips to the transfer station.....left the stump but cut it down to 0 ground level.

Back