Trail camera suggestions

Sounds like the bushell’s and moultree are doing pretty good!
 
I have Brownings and Stealth Cams. Neither is bad, but I prefer the Stealth Cams. The batteries have lasted significantly longer, picture quality is about the same between the two models I have, but the Stealth cam was about $30 cheaper. I also feel like the cards are easier to take out on the Stealth Cams. Just my $0.02.
 
Reviving this ghost.
I need recommendations for cheap but reliable cameras. I like to have two, one on each end of my property.
 
Reviving this ghost.
I need recommendations for cheap but reliable cameras. I like to have two, one on each end of my property.
I have two Muddy's and one Browning and I like the Browning better. Better quality images. Muddys are cheap and have held up alright. The Browning has withstood blizzards. But I'm new to this and eager to hear others' opinions.
 
Ok, reviving this once again... I want to put one up at a job site for a couple of years to take photos for a long term time lapse. it'll be cellular, and it's only 15 min to run up there so changing batteries isn't a problem.
 
Ok, reviving this once again... I want to put one up at a job site for a couple of years to take photos for a long term time lapse. it'll be cellular, and it's only 15 min to run up there so changing batteries isn't a problem.
I've been running spy point cameras for 3 or 4 years now, and they're still running. Get a hundred free photos a month for no charge. I think I have six of them now.Or is it seven?
 
I have a good variety of trail cameras. For non cellular cameras I like moultrie and spypoint quite a bit. These can be locked without buying additional accessories for locking. I believe the picture quality and camera durability is very similar between the two. For cellular cameras I am really liking spypoint. They offer 250 free pictures a month and then the plans go up from there.
 
Getting harder to find better quality non- cellular cameras...greatly outnumbered by cellular ones.

Bought some cheap Bushnells last year after having several stolen...:(

They worked well but had very cheap straps and mounts so had to use a holder...but haven't had them long enough to say yet.

Brownings seem to have the best rep so been looking at them.

Spypoints worked great until they didnt just a few years later.

Stealthcams I have the most exp.with. Like them Every once in a while they go crazy and fill the card with pictures without triggering for some reason. Wildgame cameras have been ok and a decent value.
 
Hey folks - Julian from Barn Owl Tech here. I joined the forum because I found some negative reviews on our products from a few years ago and wanted to help address concerns with our cellular cameras and see if I could be of help. I'm not here to sell our products in any way but would love to be a resource if any of you want to know about:
- livestreaming through cellular
- comparing different trail camera data plans
- cellular connectivity and different carriers
- specific features you might want like zone masking, smart alerts detecting people, vehicle, animals, etc.
- optimizing your cameras for security (positioning, alerts, sensitivity etc).

I'm here as a resource if anyone has questions!

Cheers,
Julian at Barn Owl
 
I have two Muddy's and one Browning and I like the Browning better. Better quality images. Muddys are cheap and have held up alright. The Browning has withstood blizzards. But I'm new to this and eager to hear others' opinions.
Since I wrote this one of my Muddy's gave up the ghost. I replaced it with another Browning, which a bear damaged but didn't destroy.
 
I’ve used the spypoint cell cams and they work awesome. One was taken down by a bear and still worked after
 
I have used Stealthcams and they have worked fine, but their customer service is some of the worst I have seen. I will no longer support them. I ordered mutliple items, and then wanted to return a couple unopened boxes. Their customers service and online support gave me the run around for 3-months (typcial call center BS). It became comical, so I kept sending emails once a week.... never got anything resolved.

I now use Tactacam and I am very happy. They have an office in Billings, MT so I have visited with their folks. Seem like solid people and good products.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
120,107
Messages
2,249,974
Members
39,095
Latest member
jtb2018
Back
Top