Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Trail Camera Pictures vs Video

kenton

I know there are at least a few trail camera users here so I figured I would share this. A video I made on examples of what we might be missing by not utilizing the video capabilities of trail cams. I hope you like it.

I started using the video function on my cameras this past year and it is crazy how much stuff is missed in just still photos.

Nice work on putting that comparison video together! I switched over to only video a couple years ago, definitely brings you some things you otherwise miss. Also, gives you much better views of judging bucks vs. a fuzzy night time still pic.

I couldn't even tell you how to set my cameras up for still shots - I exclusively operate them on video mode - usually 30 second clips. You have to be aware of the setting though or you risk using up all the space on your SD card. This past summer/fall I set up a camera in an elk bedding area and got hours of 30 second clips of the same small herd as they got up and milled around and such. Video also records sound that you don't get from stills like deer grunting and elk bugling. You can always take a screen shot from the video to text your buddies if you want. Great video - thanks for sharing!

I pretty much run just still pic mode because i have cameras all over gell and back that i often dont check for 6 months to over a year. One cam in my back yard i run on video, and it can hold 256g sd cards.

I like to use Video on bear baits, it really helps to determine the true size of the bear and gender of the ones in not 100% certain of.

I’ll use video in certain situations, but I’ve found that I miss too much with the video setting than I do with stills.

Why is it in most pictures I see of game on trail cameras, the game is looking directly at the camera?

I run 60 sec video mode on the cam 10’ away from my bear baits. I run a second about 15-20y further back in 3-pic burst mode. Been using video mode for several years.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back