Tough little bastards!!!

IdahoBugler

A couple of buddies and I went to the archery shoot over here in Eagle today. I didn't have all that great of a shooting day until we were leaving the shoot. My buddy yells badger grab your bow. I get one walking shot at 50 and shoot high. Second shot at 60 as he's half walking/running I hit him in the guts. All hell breaks loose, 5 shots later and the little bastard is still alive. Only one was a bad shot first one. These guys are tough.

0401071142a.jpg

0401071145.jpg

If you were really tough you would have wrestled it ;)

Looks like you're ready for bear hunting !

Wow nice shootin looks like good penetration with the head shots.

Luckily you had at least two arrows left in your quiver......

Skin that stinkin' badger and make it your new back quiver! Good job!

They are tough SOB's. I shot one years ago with my bow, but with a broadhead. He still managed to crawl 20 yards and get down his hole. Had to get a shovel and dig him out.

I shot one 4 times with a 357 before he died, and have shot them with one loewly little 22 and they flipped over dead. Tough critters for shure though.

Bryce,

Did Burdette tell you and Oscar the story about when he killed the badger with a 16" stick while we were up elk hunting a few years ago? Evidently he didn't realize how angry they can get...I think he has a little more respect for them now...

Corey

Nice shooting guys.
Those Badgers are mean. A few years ago my Neighbors wife was out in the garage doing the laundry when three Badgers chased her up onto the dryer. She called for her husband and he came out and found all three of them trying to get her. He drew their attention away from her after grabbing his pitch fork.

They saw him and charged him, He had to stick them with the pitchfork to save his life. Imagine trying to get one off your pitch fork so you can stick the other two.
He killed two of them and the other one left with some major damage.

He said he was scared to death and he was surprised how strong and aggressive those things are. He said there was no doubt they would have tore him up if he didn't have his trusty pitchfork.

They had one attack thier dog the year before and it sliced her wide open. (150+ stiches )

wow... here in AZ it's against the law to hunt without broadheads.... figured most other states would have that rule to.

wow... here in AZ it's against the law to hunt without broadheads.... figured most other states would have that rule to.

Yeah, and even if it wasn't a law, you'd think most people would have the common sense and ethics to not shoot an animal with a field point, and when they did, at least don't post the picture on the internet for the whole world to see. |oo

This would be a great thread for the anti's to get a hold of. It would fit right in with their agenda to ban hunting with a bow.

are you questioning ID ethics?

nope. Just curious to see what other states have for rules for archery hunting.

nothing more than I guess that is my real question... do other states allow hunting without broad heads, even for small game? I'm not trying to single out IB on this at all. It just brought up the question in my mind, that's all. Heck I've put my share of arrows into a javelina that made it look like a porccupine cuz it wouldn't go down but that was with broad heads, which in AZ are required. If ID doesn't require them, then I guess ya learn something new every day. That's all.

cmc

, you'd think most people would have the common sense and ethics to not shoot an animal with a field point, .

Thats what I like about 'Bugler, dude has No common sence, But knows how to hunt like a banche'.

By "Animlas", I hope you aren't talking about house cats and groundhogs either ? :confused:

Thats what I like about 'Bugler, dude has No common sence, But knows how to hunt like a banche'.

By "Animlas", I hope you aren't talking about house cats and groundhogs either ? :confused:
Um.. Thanks.. I think... Cats and groundhogs aren't even close to as tough as badgers. Even with field points.

Yeah, and even if it wasn't a law, you'd think most people would have the common sense and ethics to not shoot an animal with a field point, and when they did, at least don't post the picture on the internet for the whole world to see. |oo

This would be a great thread for the anti's to get a hold of. It would fit right in with their agenda to ban hunting with a bow.
You're a Douche bag!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back