Yeti GOBOX Collection

Top 5 westerns

Scrolling through western category on the smart tv tonight. This should be interesting what's your top 5 favorite westerns

1. Big Jake
2. Lonesome Dove
3. Appaloosa
4. Young guns / young guns 2
5. Tom Horn
1. Outlaw Josey Wales. Clint Eastwood is just a Badass!
2. Young Guns “ ….did you see the size of that chicken?” I LOVE THAT PART! It’s what we say every time we see a prairie chicken and laugh stupid EVERY time! 😂😂😂
3. Blazing Saddles.
4. Tombstone
5. Magnificent 7

Mostly oldies, and of course my favorite Clint Eastwood films
1. Culpepper Cattle Company
2. Will Penny
3. The Three Godfathers
4. The Outlaw Jose Wales
5. The Good the Bad and the Ugly ( awesome musical sound track )

Hostiles w/ Bale' is good.
The Revenant
The Power of the Dog is great
Power of the Dog... I watched about half, then criticized it on a thread here on HT. Couple users gave me some thinking points so I gave it another go. Opened my mind and was really swept away by it second time around. Wound up writing a lengthy analysis of some of its themes as a term paper in my final grad school lit class.

Power of the Dog... I watched about half, then criticized it on a thread here on HT. Couple users gave me some thinking points so I gave it another go. Opened my mind and was really swept away by it second time around. Wound up writing a lengthy analysis of some of its themes as a term paper in my final grad school lit class.
Benedict Cumberbatch, hell of an actor, they all were.

Annie Proulx's short story and Larry McMurtry's screenplay about sheep herding in Wyoming.
Everyone who likes Westerns should read Annie Proulx... she is just fantastic. Her short story you reference is very good in print form but honestly isn't even scratching the surface of how good her short fiction can be.

Everyone who likes Westerns should read Annie Proulx... she is just fantastic. Her short story you reference is very good in print form but honestly isn't even scratching the surface of how good her short fiction can be.
Shipping News yet?

Dead Man is a personal favorite of mine, but I don't expect many to enjoy it. I'm a big Jarmusch fan.
I just watched this for the first time about two weeks ago, and the more I reflect on it the more I like it. A real sticks-with-you type film.

Also you're not wrong about RDR2, 90% of HTers would develop a mild gaming addiction about the time the barfight in Valentine breaks out.

One of my favorite Duke westerns is El Dorado, a retread of his Rio Bravo, this time with compadres Robert Michum and 'kid' James Caan. Arthur Hunnicutt has a career performance as the crusty "Ind'in fighter" Bull. Filmed @ Old Tucson.
1675125022783.png

HT won't paste the list of movies and TV shows filmed @ Old Tucson, far too long. Find your favorites here:

Last edited:
Since we are just throwing titles out now and someone mentioned Will Penny, another great movie; I was reminded of Tom Horn, Joe Kidd and The Shootist. All movies of when the west was sort of won and modern equipment and ideas taking over.

Back